Orla Ringway RS620 eu

Moderator: andyg

Orla Ringway RS620 eu

Postby Greenwilby » 18 Aug 2019 07:15

I bought my Orla Ringway RS620 about 18 months ago, traded in my Orla RX620 which I had owned for over 20 years, replaced volume control and the pot that operates the black light for the swell pedal got a tweak to remove a bit of corrosion. Not bad in over 20 years use played most weeks. I then started looking for a replacement A Technics GA3 was something I had heard and quite liked. Watched Peter Haywards excellent Instructional Videos on the Orla Ringway and got fascinated by the thought of a new really up to date Organ. Asked Paul Carman to let me know when one came in. I had just missed one unfortunately. Went to Banbury to One Man Band to look at a Technics more my price range :) . Did not like the one I saw case was scratched very dark wood, bit depressing. Well they had a very nice RS600 updated to 620 Spec. crazy price. But I sat down and had a play, just felt totally at home with it . Not a clue how it worked apart from some knowledge gained by watching the P H videos.

Anyway a good deal was struck. I was then in a new learning curve which I love. I play Keyboard style as I have mobility issues that got worse after my purchase, so the hoped for pedal playing went by the board. But as most of you know most of the styles and sounds are Orla based as The Ringway did not have European voicing to suit our type of Music. If you havn't ever watched the Ringway Organ Competition in China on You Tube, watch it. Young people really enjoying playing the Organ. I belong to a players group on the Adelaide Organ club. Some great Ringways out there. Did find this very heartening as the Organ Market here seems to be dying on its feet and yet there is still a lot of interest. Anyway Love mine. Not an expert, far from it but its all about enjoying playing and trying to improve, I do my videos because it then makes you try all the harder.
Greenwilby
Active Poster

Re: Orla Ringway RS620 eu

Postby Hugh-AR » 18 Aug 2019 16:05

Hi Max,

Thanks for posting all that. I have found two videos of Peter Hayward playing the Ringway.

Peter Hayward Explores The RS600

Apache Orla RS600 Peter Hayward

And a video demonstration of the Ringway RS600.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 18 Aug 2019 16:15

If you do a Google Search for ringway organ competition china (which Max has mentioned, above) you will come up with several videos of the latest Ringway organ being played, the Ringway RS1000. Here is just one of them:

Ringway International E Organ Competition 2014 feauturing RS1000 Ringway Organ

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby dragon » 26 Jan 2022 21:26

I purchased a Ringway600 a few days ago and am loving finding my way round it’s many features. Also included was a huge pile of music books. Among the books were two printed cards giving the details of registrations on a USB stick arranged by Tony Stace. Sadly no USB stick. Only the details. Does anyone have the relevant stick, or knows where I can purchase one? So far my searches have had no result. Fred
Keyboard: Korg EK50 Ringway600
dragon
Prolific Poster

Postby dragon » 04 Feb 2022 16:15

Reading through some old Cavalcade magazines a couple of letters suggested adding an older hi.fi amp and a couple of speakers to an organ or keyboard to improve the sound at a reasonable cost.Has anyone any experience of this or any suggestions? .. Fred
Keyboard: Korg EK50 Ringway600
dragon
Prolific Poster

Return to Ringway