Audio.com Where is that triangular icon?

Post in here anything you have done with your keyboard or organ,
or any queries you may have about your keyboard or organ.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Audio.com Where is that triangular icon?

Postby barwonfan » 28 Mar 2023 11:03

Quote " The reason why this didn't work as an 'Embedded' audio.com clip is because you didn't get your NUMBERS by clicking on that Triangular Icon (top right) and then clicking on Embed Code :

You just put ...

by Hugh-AR
03 Mar 2023 23:32

Letter to Hugh from J.T.
I've looked in the top right hand corner and I cannot see a triangular Icon . So, I can't embed the numbers. Woe is me. Help please J.T.
Keyboard: PSR-S970; PSR-SX900
Image A Musician's work is never done. It is the musician's joy and curse.
I love listening to members performances on this forum and I ALWAYS turn off the speakers on my lap top and plug in my headphones.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Re: Audio.com Where is that triangular icon?

Postby Hugh-AR » 28 Mar 2023 13:17

JT,

This is the web address of your page on andio.com:

Do a right-click to open this up in a New Tab.
https://audio.com/johntrevor

Anyone (yes, anyone!) clicking on the LINK above can see those triangular icons on your page.

Except you. Have you got a blank screen up in that top right corner of the music track?

If you are Logged In to your page (if you're not, it will say Sign In, top right) you will see an extra icon .. the EDIT one (the 'pencil').

Clicking on this will enable you to see the Dustbin (to click on if you wanted to DELETE a track you had put up). On this Edit Audio page you will again see the triangular icon to click on for the Embed Code (indicated by the blue arrow)..

In answer to your question, I have no idea why you cannot see any of the above. Can you let me know please what sort of computer you are using (a PC .. eg. a laptop) or an Apple computer (eg. an iPad). Also what version of Windows are you running .. Windows XP; Windows 7, 10 or 11? And what browser you are using .. Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge etc.? I will let the developers of audio.com know that you don't have those icons showing and see what they come up with.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby barwonfan » 29 Mar 2023 11:50

Thank you Hugh. I am using Windows 10 with Firefox. And, when I go to my song which I have put on audio .com I can see the triangles quite clearly on both the song and on the edit. But It always comes up with this--

<iframe src="https://audio.com/embed/audio/1761591575042085?theme=image" style="border-radius: 6px; border: none; height: 204px; width: 600px;" ></iframe>

And I think that it is of no value to anyone on the Forum. I know that Dennis knows how to fix this and make it work because he did it for me about 2 weeks ago on a post I did for my entry on the Challenge. But then he has about 40 years of experience with computers, and I am a beginner

Please don't burn the midnight oil helping me sort this out as I am quite sure that I will get there one day. J.T.
Keyboard: PSR-S970; PSR-SX900
Image A Musician's work is never done. It is the musician's joy and curse.
I love listening to members performances on this forum and I ALWAYS turn off the speakers on my lap top and plug in my headphones.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 29 Mar 2023 18:19

Hi JT,

You said originally that you couldn't see the 'triangular icons', but you obviously can as you have clicked on one and come up with what you are supposed to see .. a string of computer code. And you have clicked on Copy, which has copied it to your clipboard (the computer's memory). And now you have pasted this 'string' into your forum post.
But It always comes up with this--

<iframe src="https://audio.com/embed/audio/1761591575042085?theme=image" style="border-radius: 6px; border: none; height: 204px; width: 600px;" ></iframe>

and then you say:
And I think that it is of no value to anyone on the Forum.

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well, this is what you need to get your audio.com file 'embedded'!

Now .. can you see the NUMBERS in the middle of that string?

These are the numbers you need to put in between the [audiocom] square brackets.

Do you know how to get those numbers inserted between the two audiocom BBCodes in square brackets?

Paste that computer string into the posting box so you can see it.

You can either click and drag with your mouse across those numbers to highlight them (don't include the question mark!), do a right-click and choose Copy .. which will COPY those numbers to your clipboard. Click with your mouse into the posting box where you want your audio.com file to appear, then click on the word audiocom above the posting box (which will insert the two BBCodes for audiocom). Put your mouse cursor in between those two codes (there should already be a flashing mouse cursor there); do a right-click with your mouse and choose Paste .. which will put those number in from your clipboard. If you do it this way, once you have got your numbers in between the audiocom square brackets you will have to remove the computer string you were working from.

Or ...

Remove everything else showing in that string .. but leave the numbers. If you do it this way you can click and drag across the numbers with your mouse to highlight them .. and then click on the audiocom BBCode above the posting box, which will 'wrap' around your numbers.

Finally, click on Submit underneath .. and your audio.com image should appear.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to Keyboard Chat