T4 v SX700

Post in here anything you have done with your keyboard or organ,
or any queries you may have about your keyboard or organ.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

T4 v SX700

Postby dentyr » 15 May 2023 23:12

Hello Everyone. Would someone kindly like to tell me what my SX700 can do that my Tyros can’t do? Apart from making a direct MP3 I can see no other advantages.
I have an S970 which, apart from only having 2 right voices, works exactly as my T4. The YEM on the S970, SX series and the Genos is a pain to me. It requires everything to be done on a computer and then it formats the extended memory and loads the new information. I can add and subtract UVN voices in minutes on my T4 when playing out.
Navigating through the menus on the SX700 is a nightmare. Example, I set my registration at home to be what I think it should sound like. On site the right voice is too quiet, I need to up the volume. On T4 I just push the slider up (or press the button). On the SX I have to get through the Menu, then the mixer, then pick the “slider” and wind the big wheel and get back to playing.
I would like facts and not opinions. My T4 sounds fine to me but some of the voices on the SX are “hissy” and scratchy. That is my opinion and probably not a fact.
Den
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Return to Keyboard Chat