Lower music stand, Technics G100, AR 100 , Orla GT9000

Post in here anything you have done with your keyboard or organ,
or any queries you may have about your keyboard or organ.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Lower music stand, Technics G100, AR 100 , Orla GT9000

Postby ken horton » 03 Jun 2018 19:56

Modified Music Stand that is much lower than the original

Makes reading the music much easier as it sits a lot closer to you!

To see the image below 'full size' click this LINK
https://app.box.com/s/9vqu3v23mvm7kh2s1mnk076cz8az2keh

To see the image below 'full size' click this LINK
https://app.box.com/s/ulhzv5w43c2iuaeypupjju9urf7l7udx

The two photos are of my re modified music stand to fit the Technics G100, previously fitted to a Yamaha AR and then an Orla GT9000.

If like me some members find the distance between the music stand and the keyboard quite a chasm and frequently between glancing between the two you finally lose your place or play a wrong chord etc., it can be off putting. No problem if you can play tunes from memory which I can’t manage, or play the keyboard without looking as the more experienced among us can do, but I found the lower position of the music did make a considerable difference for me.

Starting with a Yamaha AR 100, then an Orla GT9000 and finally a Technics G100 with minor modifications I have used the same stand for all three. It brings the music about three inches lower and a little nearer.

Made out of two or three pieces (depending on the organ) of sheet Perspex about 5mm thick, if the pieces are cut to size and you can use a tube of glue it’s just a handyman’s job. No drilling holes heaven forbid or attaching brackets to the organ , ( Just 5 small ones in the Perspex ) it just sits there.

On the Yamaha and Orla it used the actual top of the music back rest for support, on the Technics it sits on the shelf where the music normally sits.

Above are the photos of it on the Technics.

I can make up a drawing with dimensions if anyone would like one.

Ken
ken horton
Active Poster

Re: Lower music stand, Technics G100, AR 100 , Orla GT9000

Postby Hugh-AR » 03 Jun 2018 23:46

Ken,

That is a brilliant idea! It is very difficult to read the chords when I place the music sheet on my AR's Music Stand. It's a bit high, and too far away. I have to write the chords onto the sheet music with a thick felt tip pen in order to see them properly. May have a go at your idea!

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby dragon » 04 Jun 2018 06:55

I have severe arthritis in my neck and much of the time holding my head up to read music is just too painful to allow me to play. I can only play from music, no ability to play from memory. I used sheet plastic ( left over from my railway modeling days ) to build an extension that lowers my music by about three inches. Also I noticed that a lot of music printed on individual sheets does not reach the bottom of the paper. These ones I fold up the wasted lower few inches thus further reducing the height. .. Fred
Keyboard: Korg EK50 Ringway600
dragon
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 04 Jun 2018 08:15

Hi All,

I can only play from memory as I cant sight read fast enough for most pieces of music, so not a problem for me.
Good to see everyone sharing there experiences, and as they say necessity is the mother of invention

Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Return to Keyboard Chat