Creating Registrations For Arrangements

Post in here anything you have done with your keyboard or organ,
or any queries you may have about your keyboard or organ.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Creating Registrations For Arrangements

Postby NativeAngels » 22 Aug 2020 19:16

Good Evening Everyone. I trust you are all well.
When creating registrations it’s good to try and put yourself in the era / genre of the music that your playing. Make a note of some of the instruments that were around at that time. When layering sounds find out which of the instruments for a style of music would be a lead instrument one that stands out. When you add other instruments see how they compliment or clash with the lead sound.

What are your thoughts comment below and let’s hear what you think.
Image .. Image
NativeAngels
Super Poster

Re: Creating Registrations For Arrangements

Postby barwonfan » 23 Aug 2020 00:33

I agree with all of the above. especially the second last sentence. I have been collecting styles which have UNACCOMPANIED solo instruments built into one or two of the main variations, but they are hard to find. I have never tried to build a style or a registration--I don't have the skills or the patience to do this. I still have a lot of styles on my USB stick which are, to my ears, just plain boring and repetitive. I should delete them, but won't do that until I become a more accomplished player. [ I have only been playing a keyboard for about 5 years.] And maybe, I need to switch off the ACMP button every now and then whilst playing a style or set up my FC7 pedal for effects. Or maybe, there is something else I am missing.
Keyboard: PSR-S970; PSR-SX900
Image A Musician's work is never done. It is the musician's joy and curse.
I love listening to members performances on this forum and I ALWAYS turn off the speakers on my lap top and plug in my headphones.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Return to Keyboard Chat