A site that analyses songs for their Beat and Tempo.

If there are any other Music Websites, Forums or Groups you have come across that you think other Members may be interested in, please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

A site that analyses songs for their Beat and Tempo.

Postby barwonfan » 27 Feb 2023 10:10

https://getsongbpm.com/

Millions of songs listed. from years ago to present day. It's free. You can find out suitable keys for songs. Time Signatures for songs. Beats per minute. The search function works well. Heaps of advertisements, but they can be quickly disposed of by hitting the cross in the right hand corner. I think that I will be using this site from time to time.
Keyboard: PSR-S970; PSR-SX900
Image A Musician's work is never done. It is the musician's joy and curse.
I love listening to members performances on this forum and I ALWAYS turn off the speakers on my lap top and plug in my headphones.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Re: A site that analyses songs for their Beat and Tempo.

Postby Hugh-AR » 27 Feb 2023 13:55

JT,

I have had a look at this site. Not impressed by the search box. It came up with hundreds of suggestions, none of which were the song I had typed in. Even when I typed in one of the songs they listed, that didn't come up in the top slot.

If you do find a song you are looking for, it's great for finding out the BPM (Beats Per Minute) for that song. Although bearing in mind that various artistes who sing it will have different 'beats per minute' to suit their style of singing, I'm not sure how useful that is. And you can find out what key it is played in. But no 'sheet music' to enable you to play it (not even 'paid for').

You do get to hear an extract of a song ... but then if you want to hear the whole song, up comes an advert for Spotify (which you will have to pay for if you want to choose which song you want to listen to).

Watch out for the adverts! You may think you are downloading a song .. but i's the advert.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: A site that analyses songs for their Beat and Tempo.

Postby dentyr » 27 Feb 2023 21:43

Useful for coming up with something new to play. Looked for a Tango and got lots. Regards, Den.
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Return to LINKS to other Music Websites, Forums & Groups