Tyros 4 with a full piano keyboard underneath

Anything special about the way you play? Please post in here.

Tyros 4 with a full piano keyboard underneath

Postby Hugh-AR » 26 Jul 2018 22:43

I was fascinated to come across this YouTube clip of a Tyros 4 being played, set up with a full 'piano' keyboard underneath. This gives a greater range of notes available than just those 'to the right of the split'. Now I can do this on the AR, but the other way round, with the split keyboard as the Lower Manual (playing chords and Style to the left of the split), and the full keyboard being the Upper Manual.

What is interesting here is how he has managed to 'trigger' the current chord and then use both hands to play a full arpeggio on that piano .. and then jump back up when the chord needs changing. You'd have to keep your wits about you to carry this off, but doing this sort of thing is right up my street. He does this towards the end of the piece, but I reckon he could have done it a lot more and played some 'counter melodies' on that piano with his left hand as he was playing the tune.

I must have a go at this. It's just that I'm not used to playing anything other than chords with my left hand, so here's an opportunity to do something different.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: Tyros 4 with a full piano keyboard underneath

Postby dragon » 26 Jul 2018 23:15

Thanks for posting this Hugh. A bit of a challenge. .. Fred