Free Gift. My Registrations for Genos and SX900

Something to do with playing your keyboard but don't know where to put it? Post in here.

Free Gift. My Registrations for Genos and SX900

Postby dentyr » 29 Feb 2020 09:06

These are my registrations for songs listed in the alpha sections for my SX900. If perchance you have a dotted line and no voice then it is because I have used a 3rd party organ voice. Just replace it with a Jazz Organ or something that you like.

If you have problems then PLEASE let me know so that I can correct the registration.

https://app.box.com/s/r8cs7jfzissat8tv4oi2v6s238jpyfmt

Happy playing (or sympathies on your frustrations) [Smile - :smile:] [Smile - :)] [Smile - :)]

Regards, Den.
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Re: Free Gift. My Registrations for Genos and SX900

Postby Brian007 » 29 Feb 2020 13:31

Hi Den,

Thanks a lot I will give them a try when I get 5 minutes

All the best, Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby dentyr » 29 Feb 2020 21:05

Hello All, Pain forever.

PS. I have just been playing through some of these regs. EVERY registration I make I register it with TOUCH OFF.
Turn off the kbd, turn on the kbd and try the regs and almost every one comes up with the touch ON which is a real pain to say the least (##**##)!! I can find NO WAY to stop the touch from coming on. So, when you try a reg and there is no sound you will know that the stupid touch is on again. I have assigned the "D" button to Touch OFF so almost every time I change a button I have to hit the "D" button to turn OFF the touch.
Generally my SX 900 won't hold registrations as I make them. Eg, September in the Rain was registered as a Foxtrot at 116. It would not surprise me if when you try it the style is something completely different, probably "Country Swing" or Waltz.
Please let me know how you find the regs otherwise you may have to adjust them to your playing.
Regards, Den.
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Postby Fred » 01 Mar 2020 10:56

dentyr wrote:Generally my SX 900 won't hold registrations as I make them. Eg, September in the Rain was registered as a Foxtrot at 116. It would not surprise me if when you try it the style is something completely different, probably "Country Swing" or Waltz.
Please let me know how you find the regs otherwise you may have to adjust them to your playing.
Regards, Den.

Hi Den

Many thanks for attempting to provide your Registrations.

A few comments

1. September in the Rain was not included in the Registrations.
2. You have used MANY custom styles in the Registration and have not included them.
3. You have not updated the Reg Button info (Button Name) hence many have the wrong name.
4. The Split points are all over the place.

I will have a look at the Touch Off later if I get time, however, if you are interested I have included a report of the registrations below.

Fred
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred
Active Poster

Postby Fred » 01 Mar 2020 13:26

Hi Den

I have had a look again at the registrations.

There are many where the Initial Touch is turned ON

Maybe you are not memorizing all the parameters.

Have a look at the attached spreadsheet.

https://app.box.com/s/fafojeo2l6iickv4rzm43i17xdvtz4le

Fred
Fred
Active Poster

Postby dentyr » 01 Mar 2020 20:22

Hello Fred. Exactly what I needed. I am SO lazy with things. I should really NAME the registrations to what they are. I usually bring up a reg that I have made before and use that for another song. Should ensure the reg is named correctly. Should also take off the buttons that are not used. Many times I only use 4 buttons of the bank and with the others (5 to 8. ) being on it could be confusing. Not having anyone else that plays kbd within 200 Km I tend to be lazy. I am so thankful for your criticism and help. Must now try to do better. Regards, Den.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Postby dentyr » 01 Mar 2020 22:40

Hello Fred, Checked the split point and it is all F#2. Never use anything else now. The naming of the regs is buried in the maze of things, found it twice but still can't remember where! Will spend time later sorting this thing, exciting to say the least. How did you get that spreadsheet? So glad that you are bringing these to my attention, it all helps. Regards, Den.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Postby Fred » 02 Mar 2020 16:04

dentyr wrote: How did you get that spreadsheet? So glad that you are bringing these to my attention, it all helps. Regards, Den.

Hi Den

The Spreadsheet and PDF were produced by using Murray Best's Registration Manager program. It produces a report (which is in a text format). I then simply import the data into the spreadsheet for manipulation. Murray's program is so useful for converting Registrations from different keyboards to my Genos format. You can also change many parameters in a batch mode, so quick and easy.

Fred
Fred
Active Poster

Return to Miscellaneous