Musicmakers Christmas party 6/12/21

Any information/reports about Clubs & Societies in your area, please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Musicmakers Christmas party 6/12/21

Postby JohnT » 07 Dec 2021 08:27

Hi Everyone. Well where do I start. There were thirteen members present and six guests. Thanks to GeorgeR and Dave for bringing their Tyros5 and Genos. The evening started at 6.30pm and ended at 9.30pm.
The twenty question quiz was won by Michael, Kenneth and Shane, joint second Denis and Margaret, and GeorgeR and MargaretT.
Then we had the a lovely buffet of sandwiches,pies, sausage rolls etc and cream cakes. Members took some home.
Thanks to GeorgeR,Clem and Denis for bringing extra prizes (Denis brought home made wooden chopping board and two sets of coasters). Every member won a prize, some two, ranging from, Wine, chocolates, biscuits etc.
Thanks to those who played a variety of music including Christmas tunes. GeorgeR, GeorgeW, Les, Dave, Kenneth, Chris and Kenneth,. Maureen played and sang a few show tunes and finished with a lovely version of Silent Night.
Michael said he was doing a 22 minutes spot he must have got his timings wrong some 40 minutes later he finished. A lovely entertaining spot much appreciated standing ovation. Tunes included Happy Christmas war is over, Mack the Knife and a comedy vocal of Second hand Rose. Thanks again to members who played making it a most enjoyable evening.
Almost forgot there was a rapturous applause for the visit of Santa Claus.
The next night is Monday 13/12/21 and there should be a Tyros 1 and a Technics kn7000. Hope to see you there.
Wishing you all a very merry Christmas and a happy and healthy new year. Keep safe and well. Now off to the seniors golf Christmas dinner. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Re: Musicmakers Christmas party 6/12/21

Postby Jon D » 07 Dec 2021 19:19

Hi there John,
Pleased it went well and was a success sorry I could not be there might get back to normal one of these days??? my good friend. :roll: :roll:

Jon D. :D :wink:
Hi there I have played from the age of 13 and all my music is played in a sort of dance tempo style. Have worked in nearly all the North East clubs over the years. That gave me a good grounding. Cheers.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 April; November (Joint Winner)
2022 June; November
2023 January; August (Joint Winner)
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Postby mikeg » 07 Dec 2021 19:43

Hi John and JonD Thanks for organising the XMAS PARTY Also Many Thanks to GeorgeR and Dave for bringing their KEYBOARDS for anyone to play Best Regards to ALL
Members mikeG.
Keyboard: Tyros 2
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 January; August
mikeg
Super Poster

Postby JohnT » 08 Dec 2021 08:38

Hi Jon and Michael Thanks for your kind comments. The evening got us in the mood for Christmas. Once again thanks to members for making it an excellent evening. John
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby dragon » 12 Dec 2021 23:41

Seems like a fun evening. .. Fred
Keyboard: Korg EK50 Ringway600
dragon
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnT » 13 Dec 2021 07:36

Hi Fred Yes a good night was had by all in these trying times. Thanks for your comment and contributions to the site. All the best. John
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Return to Clubs & Societies