Musicmakers club 3/3/2020

Any information/reports about Clubs & Societies in your area, please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Musicmakers club 3/3/2020

Postby JohnT » 03 Mar 2020 15:55

Hi Everyone. Once again another great night. The theme was Latin. There were 14 present. Thanks to Olive, Clem, Les and David for bringing keyboards. Most of the members had a try on Dave’s Genos. He provided music which he had down loaded and once again members were impressed.
There was a wide selection of sounds and styles and thanks to, Jon D, Kenneth, Billy, Olive, Clem, Les, Maureen, Dave.who played. Also to Bobby, Maureen, Kenneth and Les who provided extra backing of Maracas, tambourine, Indian CLaves which made it very interesting.
A most enjoyable evening of entertainment, chat and information.
The next night is Monday 10/3 and there should be a Genos, Tyros, and a Kn7000. Hope to see you there. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Re: Musicmakers club 3/3/2020

Postby Georgeandmarj » 04 Mar 2020 01:38

A great night with lots of information and ideas exchanged. I thought the Genos came alive when John D had a go ,he has a way of getting the best out of whatever keyboard he plays.
Georgeandmarj
Active Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 04 Mar 2020 07:36

Wow! What an evening you all must have had. i would have liked to have heard Jon D play that Genos too. We have nothing like that going on here in Weston-super-Mare .. but we do have an Organ Club. It started off the way yours did, but then they hired a bigger venue and had 50% Members' evenings and 50% professionals. And now we have the function room at the local football club and it is 100% professionals. I do miss the Members' evenings .. and if they still had them I'm sure I would get myself a keyboard. Probably a PSR-SX700.

So keep your clubs going, you people up North. There's nothing like a hands on experience to inspire you.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 04 Mar 2020 07:48

Hi John,

Good to hear that you had such a good turn out and sounds like you all had a good time, and it would be nice to have a hands on experience with a Genos
Windows in the Metro Centre have one on display but notices do not touch all over it ? what's the point of it being on show if you cant demo it ?

All the best, Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnT » 04 Mar 2020 07:59

Hi George. Thanks for reply. Was the short video any good. If it wasn’t bad why don’t we post it. John

Hi Hugh.. Thanks for taking an interest. We have some good nights, wish we could find a few more to join particularly younger ones. We live in hope. John

Hi Brian Thanks for reply. If you get a chance on Monday call in. Dave is bringing the Genos again and he will let you have a go. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby muddy » 04 Mar 2020 09:44

Hi all

I had a very interesting night, I have not been to a keyboard club before and find this one very friendly.

I will be bringing my genos and pdf reader on the Monday 9th and anyone is welcome to try it.

As time is limited on a club night I am more than happy to demo my system and help other people set up a similar setup of their own at my house.

I am self taught so don't expect any professional playing but tend to know quite a lot of techy stuff

I live alone and are retired so time is not a problem, distance might be as I live in Hartlepool but if you are prepared to travel and spend an hour or two

I am sure you will get some benefit or ideas from your trip to Hartlepool.

Please don't hesitate to contact me either at the club or Private message me on this board as I check in most days.

catch you later

Dave
muddy
Novice Poster

Postby Georgeandmarj » 04 Mar 2020 19:50

Hi Brian , I went to Windows Metrocentre to look at Genos,as you say they had a do not touch notice, I approached a staff member and he brought me a set of headphones, switched on and said have a go, fill your boots, and left me alone. I was hooked and bought one.
Georgeandmarj
Active Poster

Postby Brian007 » 05 Mar 2020 12:40

Hi George,

That's interesting , A while ago I asked about the Genos price at Windows in the Metro Centre as it was quite a bit below the price I had seen elsewhere, and they said that price was without speakers ? so maybe that's why they gave you a pair of headphones to try it out ? Windows has gone back even the one in Newcastle isnt as good

All the Best, Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Return to Clubs & Societies