Songs of praise service music (15th Nov 2020)

Any Religious pieces .. please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Songs of praise service music (15th Nov 2020)

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 13 Nov 2020 10:05

Hi

It's been a marathon week of recording & video editing this week preparing the material for church on Sunday. All the hymns/songs were chosen by members of our congregation. About 1/2 the recordings are from my archives, so you will have seen them before, the others are new recordings for this service.

I've also put together a full-length video for Sunday - a first for me, and a bit of an experiment. I've just used text screens rather than live speech (I'm hoping to do the Advent Sunday service with on-screen speech - we'll see!). The full-length video is available from 8:00 am on You Tube

.. the separate videos of the music are available now, as listed below:-

We start with a vintage recording I made on an Allen digital theatre organ a few years ago.

We continue with a medley of 2 worship songs - newly recorded for this service:-

Now we get to sing "Be Still"

Next up is the well-known hymn "Dear Lord & Father of Mankind" - once the most popular hymn in a BBC poll, and surprisingly, it was often requested at weddings! (Not only is that humorous because of the first line - forgive our foolish ways, the first line of the final verse also raises questions!!!

A recent setting of Psalm 23 comes next - for some reason, my previous recording of this didn't import into the video editor in an acceptable quality, so I've done a salvage job - just kept the original audio (which was fine) and dropped in text screens for the lyrics.

The next request is for a song from the Taize community in France

A more recent worship song next

The hymn "Master, the Tempest is Raging" was requested by our minister - and I got hold of some appropriate sound effects from a good friend and had a bit of fun with it.

Another more recent worship song next

The final request is the Graham Kendrick classic "Shine, Jesus, Shine"

And I round off the service with a repeat of the Fanfare on "Shine, Jesus Shine" that I recorded a few weeks back.

I hope you enjoy these.

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Re: Songs of praise service music (15th Nov 2020)

Postby Carloss » 13 Nov 2020 20:42

Rev Tony, good music. I really liked the Allen organ and its music box moment. A beauty. Shine Jesus Shine by Kendrick reminded me of Cat Steven's musical style. Congratulations on the hymns 8)
Carloss
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Instruments: Vertical Piano and a Digital p125 Yamaha Keyboard.
Carloss
Super Poster

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 14 Nov 2020 09:23

Thanks Carloss

The Allen belonged to a good friend. It's a digital theatre organ - hence the percussion stops. Great fun to play. Sadly, my friend sold it about 7 years ago.

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Postby JohnT » 15 Nov 2020 18:41

Hi Tony. Just managed to listen to half a dozen. Electric was off for four hours. Must remember to pay my bill.. No it was a sudden surge yesterday some of the 140 houses were cut off but mine wasn’t one of them However they had a huge hole dug today to repair it. Touch wood they have finished blown the candles out. My friend has just got an Allen to go with his Bohm. It took them a while to set it up he sent me pictures of them doing it most impressive. If you want to take a look send me your email address. Enjoyed the first few will listen to the rest later. All the best. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 16 Nov 2020 09:58

Thanks JohnT.

I'll message you with my e-mail.

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Postby JohnT » 16 Nov 2020 15:08

Hi Tony. Managed to get through them.Enjoyed the selection. Liked your twin brother playing the recorder. The Tempest was powerful and great introduction. A rousing fanfare to finish. Enjoyed my listen and watch. Keep safe. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 17 Nov 2020 10:36

Thanks John

I was quite pleased with the way that "peace, be still" came out. A bit of fun.

I'm wondering what will be requested for Sunday - and, hopefully, starting to get video clips together for the Advent Sunday service I'm doing for the last Sunday in November. Not enough hours in the day!

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Return to Religious Music