Hymns/Songs for 28th Feb 2021

Any Religious pieces .. please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Hymns/Songs for 28th Feb 2021

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 26 Feb 2021 09:00

Hi

Hospital appointment later this morning, so I had to get this week's batch of music recorded & edited a bit earlier than usual. Here they are - all new recordings except "Jubilate, Everybody" which you may remember from a few weeks back. I've moved the piano into my music room where the organ lives - means I don't waste so much time moving video cameras around the place!

We start with a classic hymn. I recorded this last year, but wasn't totally happy with it, so I've had another go.

Next up is a worship song repeatedd from a few weeks ago.

The third song is a piano & organ duet of a recent version of Psalm 23

We finish the service with another hymn which I play on a combination of piano & my small digital organ.

The bonus track is a Chorale Prelude by Brahms.

Enjoy

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Re: Hymns/Songs for 28th Feb 2021

Postby JohnT » 28 Feb 2021 12:37

Hi Tony. Another good selection. Praise my soul a particular favourite a rousing piece brought back memories of choirboy days some sixty years ago. The second a lively piano piece. Liked the Lords my shepherd with your twin brother a different tune but enjoyable. Two good ones to finish off my Sunday listen. Keep safe and well. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 28 Feb 2021 21:20

Hi Tony,

Praise, My Soul, The King Of Heaven has always been one of my favourite hymns. It's often played too slowly, so it drags, but you have kept it at a very 'upbeat' tempo. I really liked the change of harmonies in the first part of the third verse. Adds real interest to the music.

And what a rousing ending! I bet that sounded really good from the speakers in your music room! But of course you wear headphones so you probably wouldn't have heard it!

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 01 Mar 2021 09:10

Thanks Hugh & JohnT.

I no longer need to use headphones when recording the organ. I had Jeremy Meager (Cotswold Organs) do some revoicing (He's generally acknowledged to be the expert in that field), and we added an additional amp & pair of speakers, which don't mute when the headphone output is in use (it's the easiest place to obtain a stereo mix for recording). I set up the registrations with that unplugged though, as the additional speakers are rather light at the bass end, then just use the new speakers as guide whilst recording (except for the multi-track of Psalm 23 where I needed to hear the piano part to try & keep in time!) All good fun, but the video edits are rather time consuming!

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Return to Religious Music