Hymns/Songs for 21st March 2021

Any Religious pieces .. please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Hymns/Songs for 21st March 2021

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 19 Mar 2021 11:54

Hi

It's that time of week again! I've changed the piano/keyboard rig around, adding a 13 note Hammond pedalboard to control the "pedal" section of the Viscount Cantorum, whilst the piano now plays the "Manual 1" stops, plus my vintage Roland Alpha Juno 2 synthesiser (not visible in the video). This gives me a basic 2mp organ setup if I want it. The wonders of MIDI! An error in the Cantorum owners manual made setting up more fraught than it should have done (setting MIDI local off for the pedal & manual 1 sections)

First up is a rerecording of a song that I first recorded a few weeks ago. A technical problem (cable dislodged & draped itself in front of a camera lens, making the shot unusable) meant I decided to try it again - and it gave me a chance to try the new configuration.

Next is my arrangement of the Welsh hymn tune HYFRODOL - played on the Viscount Envoy.

The closing hymn is "Blessed Assurance". I thought I'd save some time and just add lyrics to a recording I made on an Allen digital theatre organ back in 2013. Big mistake and a lot of fiddling to get the lyrics to display properly. I guess the video editor didn't like the original WMV file. Anyway, I got there in the end!

This week's bonus track is the evergreen "The Old Rugged Cross"

Enjoy

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Re: Hymns/Songs for 21st March 2021

Postby JohnT » 21 Mar 2021 11:51

Hi Tony. Enjoyed my Sunday listen and singalong. Some lovely organ sounds. Keep safe and well. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Re: Hymns/Songs for 21st March 2021

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 22 Mar 2021 09:23

Thanks John
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster