Hymns for Easter Sunday at Wolston Baptist

Any Religious pieces .. please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Hymns for Easter Sunday at Wolston Baptist

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 02 Apr 2021 09:01

Hi

We have a family service on Easter Sunday, so sadly only one traditional hymn, and the voluntaries will be on line only as there's an Easter Egg hunt for the youngsters before the service! (Definitely NOT my idea).

We start with a classical piece by French composer Alexandre Guilmant, and his "paraphrase" on Handel's "See the Conquering Hero comes" from the oratorio "Maccabeus". The melody is often used for the hymn "Thine be the glory". Beware of your volume settings for this item - it starts very quiet and ends on full organ!

The opening hymn is the Easter classic "Jesus Christ is risen today". I recorded this last year, but on listening to it decided I could do better, and I've now got the lyrics on screen.

Next up is a now classic worship song. Apologies for the clumsy edit - I managed to leave myself with a retake of the ending that didn't fit properly!

The service closes with this item that I recorded a few weeks ago.

I've used another archive track for the closing voluntary - an arrangement for Harmonium of the Hallelujah Chorus.

Wishing you all a happy Easter

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Re: Hymns for Easter Sunday at Wolston Baptist

Postby JohnT » 04 Apr 2021 11:36

Hi Tony. Always look forward to my Sunday watch and listen. This week was lovely enjoyed the organ on the first two and able to singalong. Also liked the piano. The harmonium was a treat for hallelujah. Love watching you play those complicated pieces. Have a lovely Easter. Keep safe and well. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Re: Hymns for Easter Sunday at Wolston Baptist

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 05 Apr 2021 09:30

Thanks John
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster