Holiday Darwin to Adelaide (Darwin start)

Any holiday you have really enjoyed, post in here and tell us all about it.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Holiday Darwin to Adelaide (Darwin start)

Postby dentyr » 18 Apr 2020 02:31

This is the start of my overland trip.

The video is from Dennis, the first piece of the music is "September in the Rain" played by Dennis on the Tyros4, the next piece "Oh What a Beautiful Morning" played by Hugh on his AR80 (I think?)
It is the monsoon period in the Northern Territories. Hence the rain in buckets full.
Regards, Den.
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Re: Holiday Darwin to Adelaide (Darwin start)

Postby Hugh-AR » 21 Apr 2020 23:19

Den and I have been collaborating on this video, which has been done with Movie Maker. There are several options in Movie Maker, like putting 'Transitions' between the clips (if it's photographs you can choose a 'transition' to go between each picture). These gradually change from one video or picture to the next rather than suddenly 'jump' to the next one, which makes the whole presentation a lot smoother. Then you can opt for a 'Fade In' or 'Fade Out' on each section of both the video narrative and the MP3 music file attached to the video.

And when what you have for your video does have a commentary with it and you add some MP3 music (as Den and I have in the one above) then there are options for making the video sound predominant; the MP3 sound predominant; or to have them equal. So I have chosen to have the video predominant, and this works brilliantly as the accompaniment MP3 fades into the background every time Den speaks, and then the music comes to the fore when he isn't speaking. So in the video you can actually hear what Den is saying. We should introduce this App to the BBC!!

So I have spent some time today setting this all up and replaced the video that was there before with the newly created one. If you listened to the video before, then please go back and listen to it again. And take note of all the features I have brought into it as mentioned above.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to Holiday Experiences