Using Smart Buttons in Mobilesheets to change variations

Using Smart Buttons in Mobilesheets to change variations

Postby MichaelC » 07 Aug 2020 21:01

I've used lockdown to get my mass of paper scores digitised and loaded up onto MSP. My main instrument is the Korg PA700 and I've just discovered that I can use smart buttons to send midi program change commands to the PA.

As you may know the Korg keyboards have four main variations for each registration and you normally change variation as you are playing by pressing the relevant button located above the keyboard. However my hand might then fail to return accurately to the keyboard making my variation changes a bit clunky. By adding four smart buttons to a score, each programmed to send the requisite midi program change number I can now sequentially move through the smart buttons using a usb pedal set up to "activate next smart button". I can double blip the pedal and skip a variation if I need to.

In fact I'm using a three usb pedal unit so that I can page turn and move through index or setlist. Magic!

Michael
Organs/Keyboards: Yamaha AR100; PSR-E453; Korg PA700
MichaelC
Novice Poster

Re: Using Smart Buttons in Mobilesheets to change variations

Postby Hugh-AR » 08 Aug 2020 21:30

Hi Michael,

That's a really smart way of doing it!

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: Using Smart Buttons in Mobilesheets to change variations

Postby dentyr » 09 Aug 2020 00:15

Hello, Not sure what you mean by "Smart Button" but on Yamaha it is possible to set up pedals to step up through the OTS and the Registrations. I use this a lot because - if I lift my hands off the keys I get lost. If I look at the keys or buttons I miss my place on the sheet of music. So, Volume control pedal (FC7) and two FC5 for stepping through regs and OTS. Just have to remember which one is which. Regards Den.
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Return to How to do things with Korg Keyboards