STYLES .. how to EDIT them to suit what you're playing

STYLES .. how to EDIT them to suit what you're playing

Postby Hugh-AR » 10 Sep 2020 19:29

Three Tutorials here on the Korg Pa4X showing how to 'balance' the various PARTS, and even to have some PARTS not playing at all. You can also replace a PART with one of your own.

Korg PA4X Style Tutorial Part 1: Style Edit Page, Basic Editing, Creating New Styles

In this video, it's how to create a 'bespoke' STYLE from a MIDIFILE.

Korg PA4X Style Tutorial Part 2: Converting MIDI files into Styles on the PA4X

And in this one he shows you how to create your own backing PARTS. Probably the most useful of these is to replace the existing BASS PART with one of your own.

Korg PA4X Style Tutorial Part 3: Recording Custom Elements for a new Style on the PA4X

It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: STYLES .. how to EDIT them to suit what you're playing

Postby Peter S » 12 Sep 2020 21:25

Hugh,

The best place to start with the PA4 is by using the built in ‘style creator’. As he has explained in the Tutorial above (Part 2, Converting MIDI files into Styles) the Pa4X can often create a great style within seconds at the click of a button from a midi file of the song you wish to play. This is especially great if it’s an unusual style of song, or there is nothing onboard that seems to work.

Here is one where I have done just this. Started with the MidiFile of the song and the Korg Pa4X created the STYLE I am using. This included a great INTRO with the guitar sound I was going to use anyway. There was no 'on board' Style that I could have used for this, and this is why I bought the Korg .. so I could do things like this.

Free As A Bird. A song originally composed by John Lennon and then resurrected by the three remaining Beatles.

Click the orange marker on the Soundcloud LINK below to ‘Play’.
https://soundcloud.com/peter-s-7/korg-pa4-free-as-a-bird

Peter
Keep the music playing!
Organs: Roland AT800; Technics GA3; Technics U60; Yamaha EL90. Keyboards: Korg Pa4X; Technics KN1600.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
Peter S
Active Poster

Re: STYLES .. how to EDIT them to suit what you're playing

Postby Hugh-AR » 16 Sep 2020 15:04

Here's another one played on a Korg Pa4X with a style made from a midi file. It's played by jackoj and is called A Bunch Of Thyme.

Jacko says:
The PA4X is a remarkable keyboard, it converted that style from a midi file but I must say that not all midi files are as true, they must be of high quality to succeed.

https://app.box.com/s/oj31xr0q0mesjhld62wqh6plowyi33i8
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to How to do things with Korg Keyboards