Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Follow Me in Zoom Videopad

Postby dentyr » 04 Oct 2021 07:26

Found this again after a long search.

Create Advanced Zoom Effect: VideoPad Video Editor Tutorial

Den.
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Re: Follow Me in Zoom Videopad

Postby dentyr » 09 Oct 2021 00:08

Hello, I have tried this and it works :? Den.

In this video I have used the zoom feature to show the areas of the keyboard you need to focus in on ( deliberate choice of words here! :roll: ) to make a simple REGISTRATION.

Explanation of how I used the 'follow me' in the Zoom feature to create the above video

Spent some time this afternoon to suss out this thing. Made the video above as a sample. Had to use another laptop to get the voice audio as I don't have a sound in on my desktop. The whole lot is only 4.8 Mb so if you add other jpgs in to the mix and do the same it can be quite exciting. Main thing is that it enables you to wander around the screen and explain what is there.

So, open video pad and get a good high quality jpg into the bin.
Bring it down into the story board. It has a default time of 7 secs (or whatever the default time has been set to).
Alter this time to say 45 secs. It makes no difference to the frame, it just stays on the screen for that time.

Now slide the red curser to a point say 3 secs and CUT.

The photo shows the cut as two pieces, the 3secs (approx) on the left and the remainder on the right.

Then go to say 40 secs and cut again.

This now shows the three sections of the cut photo, as below.

If you click on the middle frame the background will go grey.
Click on the FX at the bottom to open up the Video effects.

Then click on the green 'plus' sign to bring up the list of effects.

From the list, choose ZOOM.

Change the Aspect Ratio from None to 16:9, as indicated by the red arrow in the above.

To get into the 'follow me' part of the Zoom feature you click on the little triangle as indicated by the yellow arrow in the above.

In the screenshot below, the "follow me" area of the screen is shown with a yellow arrow.
The photograph you are wanting to select areas from to 'follow' is shown with a light blue arrow. This has a dotted rectangle round it, and it's this dotted rectangle you use to select which part of the photograph you want to zoom to.
You click on the small green plus sign to mark the position your selected part of the photograph onto the time line. This is shown with a green arrow.

With the red time marker on the very left of the screen, click on that green plus sign as indicated by the green arrow. This positions the first frame at the beginning (which is the full photograph, as indicated by the dotted rectangle).

Grab and move the red line across to where you want your first 'zoom' to end up. The time shows as you move it. I have set it at about 8 seconds so you can see what happens (see diagram below).

We now have to re-size and shift the dotted rectangle across the photograph so it covers the area we want to zoom in to. We do this in two steps. First change the size of the dotted rectangle by grabbing a corner (as indicated by the yellow arrow in the screenshot above) and pulling it inwards. You can grab any of the corners, or any of the straight bits on the little white squares .. and pull them inwards. You shift the rectangle across the photograph by releasing the mouse and then clicking and holding in the middle of the rectangle (a North East South West arrow will appear so you know you are in moving mode). You can now drag the rectangle about the screen until it covers the area you want to 'zoom'. You can keep re-sizing the rectangle and moving it about as often as you like .. until you get it right. The best way to think about this is that although the rectangle you have ended up with is small, what's inside it is blown up to 'full screen' ie. it 'zooms' in on it. This is the rectangle I have over the area of the STYLES on the keyboard.

To position the frame where the red line is, click the green plus sign at the top in the "follow me" screen.

You can see from the above what is happening in the "follow me" screen. The picture starts off as the full photograph; and then is zooming to that 8 second mark.

Now, having zoomed in to see the STYLES, we want to stay there so there is time to look at them! To do this, move the red line for the length of time you want it to stay there eg. 3 seconds? Move the red line to the 11 second mark. Leave the rectangle as it is and then the time will move along those three seconds without the picture changing.

Now click on that green plus sign again to 'mark' it on the time line.

Again, you can see what is happening in the "follow me" screen above. The horizontal lines indicate the picture is staying 'as is' for those three seconds.

Now to do a 'zoom' to another part of the picture. Again, move the red line along the time line so it is positioned where you want it. 5 seconds? Then adjust the size of that dotted rectangle as required and shift it over the area you want to zoom eg. the screen of the Tyros 5. To 'mark' it on the time line, click the green plus sign at the top of thd "follow me" screen.

To keep it showing the Tyros screen (decide how many seconds you want it to do that) just move the red line along that number of seconds and 'mark' it by clicking on the green plus sign. Leave the dotted rectangle 'as is'.

Then move the red line again, change the dotted rectangle and put it somewhere else over the picture .. and remember to 'mark' each step on the 'time line' by clicking the green plus sign. Here's a bit more of the "follow me" screen showing how this is progressing.

By experimenting with the times you will be able to judge for yourself how long a 'zoom' should take (not too fast .. and not too slow); and how long you want to pause the frame at each destination.

Below are the results of the timings chosen in the explanation above.

In the second video I made, which shows a few more 'zooms' and has an added commentary, I zoomed a bit quicker, and I managed to get some reasonable pauses. This is the one at the start of this Topic.

Having done this video I realize that you need heaps of time to get things done. When you watch the video, I set it to 45 secs but that is not long enough to get to grips with what is needed. The time factor does not matter as it is a JPG and it stays there, not like an MP4 shot.
Tricky parts. When you set the dotted box somewhere you need to wait for the program to assimilate what you have done. Watch the blue line.

Regards, Dennis.
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Re: Follow Me in Zoom Videopad

Postby Hugh-AR » 11 Oct 2021 10:44

Den,

You have made a brilliant discovery here! Another feature of VideoPad that I wasn't aware of. I can now zoom to different parts of a picture when I do a Music with Movies.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to Creating Videos