HD Movie Maker Pro (and Movie Maker 10)

Viewable by Members and non-Members.

HD Movie Maker Pro (and Movie Maker 10)

Postby Hugh-AR » 18 Jan 2021 13:04

Here's another movie making program .. HD Movie Maker Pro.

This is available from the Microsoft Store, but as I understand it, it is not a Microsoft product. To go to the Microsoft Store in Windows 10, click the Window ICON bottom left hand corner, then scroll down to Microsoft Store in the alphabetical Apps list and click on that.

Click on Search in the top right hand corner and a rectangle will appear for you to put your search words into. Put HD Movie Maker Pro and then the Search (or the Enter on the computer keypad).

There is a basic FREE version of this called Movie Maker 10, which they suggest you try first. And if you do this and then decide to buy there is a 30% discount. To find this, do as above, and Search for Movie Maker 10.

Developer's Description
By V3TAPPS

You need a simple and efficient movie making and video editing app? You are making a family video after a vacation, a project presentation video at school, or a short video showcasing your product? HD Movie Maker - PRO helps you with making movies from your photos, video clips, and music. It provides the most basic features such as video trimming, video joining, photo clipping, to more advanced like video slow motion, image filter, transition effects.

Main features are: Make movies from video clips, photos. Trim, split, rotate, join video clips. Support most popular media formats: mp4, wmv, mkv, mov, avi, mpeg, mpg, mts, jpg, png, gif, mp3, m4a, wav.

A video on how to use this program has been done by Peppy Techie (see below). This is what she says about it:
HD Movie Maker Pro Tutorial for PC Video Editor. EASY to Use, Under $10, Lots of features. This is a basic video editor, so "make sure you Try Movie Maker 10" before you buy. The FREE version of this application is in the Microsoft App Store Called Movie Maker. HD Movie Maker Pro is an ENTRY LEVEL VIDEO EDITOR.

I haven't tried it, but it looks promising. It has TRANSITIONS between clips, which to me is a 'must have'. But not sure about how effective Pans and Zooms are. In the video she just says 'to make the picture move', and it zooms in slightly. Handling videos rather than photos looks very good .. and you wouldn't use Pan and Zoom for videos anyway.
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: HD Movie Maker Pro (and Movie Maker 10)

Postby Hugh-AR » 18 Jan 2021 22:04

I think one of the most important things she says in her video is to create a Folder and put everything you are going to use in the video into it. If you later eg. add another picture, put it into that Folder first, and then get it from there.

This applies to any Movie program you are using. If you hadn't realised it, if you SAVE your Project as a project (ie. not as an MP4) you can go back to your project later and load it in again and carry on from where you left off. And make changes to what you had before.

But ...

Rather like using Registration Memories on a keyboard, the program has to know where those pictures are in order to set it all up again. So if you move a picture, or change the name of a folder it will not be able to find it.

So by having a 'bespoke' folder for your project everything will always be there. And don't change the name of the Folder once you have started .. or where it is! Be warned!

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: HD Movie Maker Pro (and Movie Maker 10)

Postby dentyr » 19 Jan 2021 23:10

This is really what it is. " HD Movie Maker Pro is an ENTRY LEVEL VIDEO EDITOR." I downloaded it and tried it but I felt a bit disappointed at some of the features. Having run VideoPad and MovieMaker this HD Movie Maker Pro did not do all that I expected and I did have some hiccups with it. Consequently, it is not with me now. However, try it you may like it. Regards, Den.
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Return to Creating Videos