Green Grow The Rushes, O

Record something on your keyboard, create a video to go with it .. and post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Green Grow The Rushes, O

Postby barwonfan » 20 Feb 2022 23:55

Green Grow The Rushes, O

The music track from this video can be downloaded by clicking the below.
Do a right-click to open this up in a New Tab.
https://app.box.com/s/7d7xxgtkfxdq7ycej5f6h1x8v5aaiboa

I sing you one O , Green grow the rushes O
    What is your one O ? Green grow the rushes O
    One is one and all alone , and evermore shall be so

I 'll sing you two O , Green grow the rushes O
    What is your two O ? Green grow the rushes O
    Two Two the lily white boys clothed all in green O
    One is one and all alone and ever more shall be so.
This song goes through all the numbers up to Twelve for the Twelve apostles. One refers to God ; and ten for the 10 Commandments.

JT (barwonfan)
Keyboard: PSR-S970; PSR-SX900
Image A Musician's work is never done. It is the musician's joy and curse.
I love listening to members performances on this forum and I ALWAYS turn off the speakers on my lap top and plug in my headphones.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Re: Green Grow The Rushes, O

Postby Hugh-AR » 22 Feb 2022 00:04

The music for this track is from the MP3 put up by JT (barwonfan) in his post 'I sing you one, O' in the February 2022 Challenge. This lasted for 1min 34secs and I needed it to be longer to make a video from it.

So ...

I used Audacity to 'mark' his piece where he had just come in with the rhythm at the beginning .. and COPIED the track from there to the end. I then went into the whole piece again and 'cut' it just before he changed the rhythm at the end; DELETED from there to the end of the piece; and inserted (Pasted) the bit I had copied. Was very pleased with how it all turned out as it 'synchronised' with the 'beat' at exactly the right place and you can't tell that the song has gone back and is repeating the 'whistle' again from the beginning. The piece now lasts for 2min 44secs, which was long enough to do the video. Amazing what you can do with Audacity!

Looking on Pixabay for suitable video clips, I came across these 'turning' red numbers on a green background .. 1 to 12. Perfect for this song! And I discovered the 'Bounce' Transition in my VideoPad program (which I have never used before) and felt that that was perfect for the numbers to 'drop in' to the song.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: Green Grow The Rushes, O

Postby barwonfan » 22 Feb 2022 03:26

I like what you did. You are vey patient. Oh, and I watched the Youtube video of the two men singing green grow the rushes that you suggested. Was worth watching. I enjoyed it , especially the last minute or so. Thanks, J.T.
Keyboard: PSR-S970; PSR-SX900
Image A Musician's work is never done. It is the musician's joy and curse.
I love listening to members performances on this forum and I ALWAYS turn off the speakers on my lap top and plug in my headphones.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Return to Music with Movies