Stopping then Starting the STYLE

Stopping then Starting the STYLE

Postby Hugh-AR » 05 Apr 2022 08:48

I have discovered, purely by chance, how to STOP a STYLE and then RESTART it. Press the SYNC START button .. and everything stops. And the SYNC START button is flashing, waiting for you to play a chord .. and when you do, the style is off playing again.

Listen to the DEMO below. This is the ending of Handel's Largo. First, the ending with no 'break' in the STYLE. Then having a break by pressing the SYNC START button as explained above. You can hear the point at which everything STOPS .. just for a couple of notes .. then when a chord is played the backing comes back in again. In the DEMO each of these plays twice.

So you can see where those breaks are as well as hear them, I have loaded the relevant parts into Audacity.

Now click the below to listen to the difference between no break and having a break.
After listening, click the back-arrow at the top to get back to this page.

DEMO of using the SYNC START to STOP and then START the STYLE in Handel's Largo

I did the same when I STOPPED the STYLE in Cherry Pink as I wanted the Trumpet to slide down an octave on it's own, without any Style backing playing. Pressed the SYNC START, which STOPPED the STYLE .. and the SYNC START was 'flashing'. Then when my Trumpet had done its bit of sliding about I played a chord .. and the whole lot was off again.

Click the below to hear all this; then after listening click the back arrow top left to get back to this page.
DEMO of pressing the SYNC START to STOP the STYLE in Cherry Pink

This is what this looks like in Audacity.

It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: Stopping then Starting the STYLE

Postby AndyT » 24 May 2022 15:23

Hi Hugh,

A brilliant tip - thank you so much! That makes life so much easier.

- Andy
AndyT
Active Poster

Re: Stopping then Starting the STYLE

Postby Hugh-AR » 06 Jul 2022 10:00

Here's another example of pressing the SYNC START to 'stop' everything playing .. and then getting it going again the next time you play a chord.

This is Gary Leishman playing the PSR-SX900. Kon Tiki .. a lovely instrumental from the Shadows.

At 0:26 Gary presses the SYNC START button which STOPS the STYLE playing .. and then it starts up again when he plays a chord. This of course will work on all Yamaha keyboards, not just the SX900.

It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to How to do things with Keyboards