Chestnuts roasting on an open fire

Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire

Postby Eddie Smart » 06 Nov 2013 18:54

Hallo everyone, xmas is coming and its time we started to get into the mood,so i have been playing around with this little tune which is a favourite all over the world,i decided not to do it as we normally here it,instead i have done it in a favourite style of mine. using Korgs wonderful b3 organ sound with a high organ drawbar setting for the imrovised bridge. for the final coda i have used jazz guitar.
I get most enjoyment by playing in this soft jazz style,i hope you like it. https://app.box.com/s/l6ct87726iycudwhio1t

Eddie.
Eddie Smart

Re: Chestnuts roasting on an open fire

Postby Mike Bracchi » 07 Nov 2013 11:21

Absolutely love the Korg B3 sim, better than the real thing :lol: :lol:

An unusual arrangement of this great christmas song Eddie, I enjoyed it very much super recording and, as usual, a first class production, great multi-tracking 8)

Well done Eddie.
Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Postby Craig » 07 Nov 2013 16:00

Hi Eddie. Certainly a different take on this piece, but I enjoyed listening to what you have arranged. The organ sounds were very good :)
I did notice that there was a lot of clipping in the mix, with a bit of hissing in the background, so the organ sounds were pushing your mix well into the red now and then, but other than that, nice one :)
Craig

Postby Ray2 » 08 Nov 2013 10:15

Morning Eddie, That was beautifully played. Great arrangement and nice voicing.Thank you , Ray.
Ray2

Postby MichaelW » 08 Nov 2013 22:44

Hello Eddie,

absolutely beautifully arranged and played. Really a pleasure to listen to. Outstanding Organ Voices; such Voices I am missing in my Yammy Board.
Best regards - Michael

I'm playing on a Yamaha Genos2 with a Viscount Legend (Hammond) Expander and on a Roland V-Accordion.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 November (Joint Winner)
MichaelW
Active Poster

Postby Jon D » 14 Nov 2013 11:02

Hello there Eddie,
That was a very good performance liked the way you played it great stuff enjoyed the listen cheers my friend. 8) 8) 8)
Jon D. :D :D :D
Hi there I have played from the age of 13 and all my music is played in a sort of dance tempo style. Have worked in nearly all the North East clubs over the years. That gave me a good grounding. Cheers.
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 April; November (Joint Winner)
2022 June; November
2023 January; August (Joint Winner)
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Postby Eddie Smart » 15 Nov 2013 13:23

Hallo everybody, once agin I thank you all for spending a moment to listen to my arrangement of this good old xmas song, im thrilled that you enjoyed listening, i will try and do a few more xmas songs before the big day.
Craig icant seem to get the recording levels right sometimes it sounds fine until i record then i notice it, have learnt to live with it lately,must be a senior moment.

Eddie.
Eddie Smart

Postby George » 16 Nov 2013 14:52

Hi, Eddie,

This is a great Christmas number loved the organ sounds and great arrangement well played.

George
G Turner - Wersi OAX1 (Previous Organ & Keyboard: Ringway A2000 & Genos)
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 November (Joint Winner)
2019 April
George
Prolific Poster

Postby theleans » 20 Nov 2013 17:23

Hi Eddie, - What a superb piece of jazz playing. Super chordwork, and brilliantly phrased. Although the song is not normally associated with up tempo jazz, it came off very nicely. Would love to hear you play it as a soft sentimental ballad. !!! - Colin Leaney (the leans)
Colin Leaney
Keyboard: Tyros 4
theleans
Active Poster

Postby jackoj » 01 Dec 2013 18:49

Hi Eddie,
Well put together performance, very nice listen and thoroughly enjoyed it. TFS ATB jackoj. 8) 8) :) :)
Korg PA4X, Roland SL80
Image HAPPY PLAYING 2023
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2020 January (Joint Winner); February (Joint Winner)
jackoj
Prolific Poster

Postby Patty » 07 Dec 2013 02:04

Hi Eddie,

Very nice performance, really enjoyed it. It's fun playing songs different from the normal style which the jazz style worked very well and very well played. Thanks for sharing it with us and have a great weekend.

Patty
Patty
Mega Poster

Return to Christmas Carols & Festive Songs 2013