Free songs

The Yamaha Tyros 3 & 4 Workstations.

Free songs

Postby dragon » 04 Sep 2016 13:08

Recently I purchased a Tyros 4 from a fellow Forumite. Now I have started playing again after several months without switching anything musical on, it is obvious how much my sight has worsened. With this in mind I have wired a 19" monitor to the T4 so I can read the dots. Unfortunately it seems Yamaha have ceased downloading free songs. Does anyone have any idea how I can access some? I don't mind paying for songs I am likely to play. .. Fred
Keyboard: Korg EK50 Ringway600
dragon
Prolific Poster

Re: Free songs

Postby Brian007 » 04 Sep 2016 14:42

Hi Fred

when you say free songs what exactly do you mean ?

Sheet music ? Midi Files ? styles ?

Brian007 8) 8)
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby dragon » 04 Sep 2016 17:03

I have received four midi files and put them on a USB stick but have no idea what to do next. I do understand now that I can use midi files but where can I get them from and how do I use them? I have only had the Tyros for four days and cannot find anything in the owners manual that helps. I just want to be able to read the score on the monitor... Cheers .. Fred
dragon
Prolific Poster

Postby Westgarth » 05 Sep 2016 20:46

Hi Fred

Before you can read the score you'll need to load the file into the Tyros. To some people these files are known as Midi Files, to others they are known as Song Files. They are both the same.

Page 58 of the owners manual instructs you how to load a song file. Once you've loaded this, press the Score button to see the music displayed. Not all midi files are capable of displaying the score.

If you carry out a Google search for "free midi files" you'll access millions on the web. There are some excellent ones there but there is also some right tripe. Once you get the hang of loading the files let me know, I can send you some songs from my own midi collection.
Regards, Steve
Westgarth
Active Poster

Postby dragon » 05 Sep 2016 21:19

Thanks Steve. I have no trouble now loading the songs and would appreciate receiving some of your tried and tested ones. .. Cheers. .. Fred
dragon
Prolific Poster

Return to Yamaha Tyros 3 & Tyros 4 Workstations