Well that went well .....

Postby Facebook & Youtube Feed » 26 Jul 2014 08:24

Facebook & Youtube Feed

Re: Well that went well .....

Postby Facebook & Youtube Feed » 29 Jul 2014 11:07

Facebook & Youtube Feed

Postby Mike Bracchi » 31 Jul 2014 12:23

This is turning into a real nightmare ... right, here's the latest - I purchased a new box of floppy disks and formatted them on the PC (can't use the PA1 as there is no operating system present)

John (jackoj) skyped me over the files for the 3.01 version o/s, he used the disks to update his own PA1X when he had it - this was successfully done, so I made the 4 disks with the files and started the installation on my PA1 ....

Disk 1 in drive, intro one held down whilst powering up ...... drive kicks in and after a pause 'no operating system found' ??????

I checked the floppy contents and the files were on the disks and tried again, same message!

I went to http://www.korgpa.com and downloaded the o/s from the PA1X support page and again, using 4 new disks from the newly purchased box of disks, I made another set for the installation on the PA1.

Using the above procedure, (disk in, intro 1 pressed whilst powering up), I had another go .... result - the same as with John's disk set .... no go!

Any suggestions folks - getting close to taking a 9lb lump hammer to darn thing :x
Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Postby jackoj » 31 Jul 2014 17:16

Hi Mike, Sorry for your predicament, my impression is a faulty F.D. but you might end up having to check with a Korg engineer. Quite a mystery mate. no magic wands afraid. Catch up later. ATB. jackoj.
Korg PA4X, Roland SL80
Image HAPPY PLAYING 2023
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2020 January (Joint Winner); February (Joint Winner)
jackoj
Prolific Poster

Return to Korg Pa X-Series Professional Arrangers