What's inside a Korg Pa SET file?

General discussions about Korg Keyboards

Postby Mike Bracchi » 01 Jul 2013 20:45

In Global folder 1: you can load the microphone effects, you can load the korg equalizing settings and line out settings or both if you choose to load the entire Global folder

4 Multismp folder: when you save a sound, the information, ”keymap” to this multi samples, are stored in this folder.

6 Pads folders: In this folder are stored the User pads. User pads can be made with internal korg sounds ,with new sounds or wav loops sliced into small sounds.

8 PCM: When you load a new sample sound, on pa600, pa2x, pa3x, your korg keyboard will store this new information (wav) into multi PCM files. You can’t view or edit which sounds are stored inside this folder, the shortcut to the RAM sounds will be stored in the folder 12. Sound the sounds should be loaded there but if the pcm 8 folder is missing or corrupted the ram sounds cant be loaded.

Perform Bank 9: Here are stored all the user performance banks. (styles and sound settings).

Songbook folder 11: song book is a more complete performance bank, you can save lyrics, make your own performance lists and other settings that cant be found in performance bank.

12 Sounds: here you can find your user sound names and user drum kits (userdk). when you open the set file and load one sound from here, the Korg will look for the sound samples and load them automatically.

13 Styles: here you can find your favourite bank of styles and user styles, remember that if you load a style directly from this folder, only the Korg Rom sounds will be loaded when you play the style. If that style was built with Ram sounds, you must identify and load them from Sounds 12 folder one by one.

If you have many .set files, this program (PAL Viewer*) allows you to save time and view the contents of files on your computer.

You can see styles and sounds that are inside the file, without the need to load them one by one on your keyboard.
Pal viewer is compatible with Korg Pa 50, Pa60, Pa80, Pa1X, Pa1xpro, Pa800 and Pa2X Pro.

*PAL is Short for PA Librarian, and File Viewer (PAL-FV) is the first utility released.

This utility allows the user to view the names of items contained within KORG PA arranger files.

http://pal-viewer.iwdownload.com/
Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Re: What's inside a Korg Pa SET file?

Postby Brian007 » 14 Mar 2014 09:11

Now that's really useful, many thanks for posting this.
Brian
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 14 Mar 2014 15:04

It appears to have disappeared and I cant find it anywhere, anyone nowhere I can find a copy ?
Brian
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Mike Bracchi » 14 Mar 2014 17:41

I'll look into it for you Brian ... I have just tried the link and got nowhere ... :(

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby Mike Bracchi » 14 Mar 2014 18:09

Brian,

PAL software is included in this package from Mick Barry ... :wink:

mick barry progs.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby Brian007 » 14 Mar 2014 19:01

Thanks very much for that Mike
Brian
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby golfer » 24 Mar 2014 09:37

Hi Mike
I'm using a Asus windows 8 tablet will I need app to run this PAL program.
Many thanks Bill.
golfer

Postby Mike Bracchi » 24 Mar 2014 10:13

Hi Bill,

Having only just (this month) updated my OS from windows XP to windows 7 I am unable to offer any sound advice on the windows 8 system ... I will look into it for you later today and get back to you ... Andy (andyg) is savvy on all things PC/IT so he may well pick-up on your post if he looks in later ... in the meantime I would suggest you 'hold-off' downloading it to your windows 8 tablet :wink:

All the best ....

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby golfer » 24 Mar 2014 10:25

Hi Mike
Thank you for the help.
Bill
golfer

Return to Korg Chit Chat