Korg SAS-20 the First Arranger Keyboard From Korg (1983)

General discussions about Korg Keyboards

Korg SAS-20 the First Arranger Keyboard From Korg (1983)

Postby Mike Bracchi » 01 Nov 2013 19:30

I remember trying one of these about the time they hit the shops, In them days Korg was imported by one of the musical instrument accessory firms, blowed if I can remember the name of them though :) it was either Fletcher, Coppock & Newman or John Hornby Skewes or some other such outfit :roll:

Anyway, the SAS-20 was Korg’s first arranger keyboard. A built-in computer analysed the melody played on the keyboard, and generated a complex accompaniment.

This was the world’s first auto-accompaniment function of this kind added to a keyboard. Also, a more traditional chord recognition system was included.

Specifications

Keyboard: 61 keys (Lower 19 for Accompaniment; Upper 42 for Melody)
    Sounds: Piano, Strings, Organ, Flute, Electric Piano, Vibraphone, Harpsichord, Brass Ensemble, Jazz Organ, Clarinet, Guitar, Clav Synth
    Effects: Melody Chord, Sustain, Stereo
    Rhythm & Auto Accompaniment: 2 Beat, Ballad I, Country, Bossa Nova, Rock I, Rock III, Shuffle, Disco, 3 Beat, Ballad II, Bluegrass, Latin, Rock II, Rock IV, Rhythm & Blues, Jazz
    Controls: Acc. Start/Stop, Rhythm Start/Stop, Fill-ln, Tempo, Rhythm Volume, Accompaniment Volume, Bass Volume, Total Volume, Microphone Volume
    Connections: Microphone In, Expression Pedal In, DC 12V in, Cartridge Slot, Headphones Out, Aux Out
    Speakers: 12 cm x 2 (7 W x 2)
    Dimensions: 920 (W) x 99 (H) x 362 (D) mm
    Weight: 11 kg (24.3 lbs)
    Power Consumption: 20 W
    Supplied Accessories: music stand, dust cover, power cord

Look at the weight of it, 11 kg .... only 3 kg less than the new Yamaha Tyros 5 :lol:
Korg stuff was, and still is, good strong gear :D

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Re: Korg SAS-20 the First Arranger Keyboard From Korg (1983)

Postby Mike Bracchi » 01 Nov 2013 19:33

It's just come to me .... Rose Morris, importers of Korg :lol:

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Return to Korg Chit Chat