Changes are afoot at Korg ....

General discussions about Korg Keyboards

Changes are afoot at Korg ....

Postby Mike Bracchi » 25 Nov 2013 10:45

Plans are afoot at Korg that will see them become the first keyboard manufacturer to 'integrate' their synth, arranger and piano divisions into a single department - I wonder if this means that arrangers will now take advantage of this and use the same sound engine(s) as the 'Triton' or 'Kronos' :wink: :wink:

It's a nice thought that a major manufacturer is getting it's act together with a 'single' research team ... a new 'open' system allowing use of third party software is under going trials at the moment. :wink:

If this is true, and I have no reason to disbelieve it as my source is (usually) 100% reliable, it will be a substantial step forward for Korg and it will almost certainly allow the company to be instrumental in the paving the way for others in future keyboard R&D, certainly for the foreseeable future 8)

Well done Korg :wink:

Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Re: Changes are about to happen at Korg

Postby Facebook News Feed » 07 Dec 2013 23:23

Facebook News Feed

Postby Fred » 08 Dec 2013 10:02

Hi Mike

It would seem to me to me to be a very smart move. The boundaries between Synth and Arranger are so blurred these days they might as well bring the two even closer. The R&D costs would reduce significantly and surely the Winner has to be the customer.

Fred
Fred
Active Poster

Postby jackoj » 08 Dec 2013 10:29

Hi Guys,
Reading your posts has certainly excited me. I love the Korg keyboards and if they do as is suggested the next keyboard is really going to be the one to have. Thanks for info. ATB. jackoj. :) :)
Korg PA4X, Roland SL80
Image HAPPY PLAYING 2023
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2020 January (Joint Winner); February (Joint Winner)
jackoj
Prolific Poster

Postby Abacus » 08 Dec 2013 18:31

Only 14 years late, since Wersi introduced the Open Arranger/Organ in 1999/2000.

It will be good to see a big manufacture get involved though, as hopefully its the push that is needed to get us out of the current Organ/Arranger Dark Ages.

Bill
Abacus

Return to Korg Chit Chat