Clavinova CVP-609

This forum is for all things Clavinova including the CLP, CVP & CGP Series

Clavinova CVP-609

Postby Mike Bracchi » 24 Nov 2012 11:50

NEW: Clavinova CVP-609

Real Grand Expression, with the dramatic resonance of a deep subwoofer, plus a rich supply of instrument Voices provide incredibly natural and realistic-sounding performances.

In addition to the NW(Natural Wood) keyboard with synthetic ivory key-tops, the 88-key Linear Graded Hammers reproduces the unique weight of each key over the entire keyboard.
    A GP Response Damper Pedal gives you the same sense of control as a grand piano and the RGE Sound Engine provides exquisite playing response and tremendous expressive power letting you to play however you want.

The audio design has been reworked from previous models including an additional sub-woofer so that during ensemble performance, the low tones of bases and kick drums are reproduced with even greater intensity. From professional piano performance to simply discovering the joy of music for the first time, the CVP-609 can ful-fill anyone’s piano playing dreams.

Achieves grand piano performance…and more ... The RGE Sound Engine delivers the ultimate expressive capability.
    The Clavinova uses the RGE (Real Grand Expression) Sound Engine,the next-generation piano sound source. This lets you enjoy the playing response and expressive capability of a concert grand piano.
    It features a new Smooth Release function which can express sound with great clarity, and clearly enunciate staccato notes with the sound of lingering resonance heard when gently lifting your fingers from the keys. It succeeds in capturing the essence of a piano performance to create grand piano-like, richly expressive experiences.

More details and full specification here: http://asia.yamaha.com/en/products/musi ... mode=model
Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Re: Clavinova CLP-609

Postby Ray2 » 26 Jun 2014 15:43

Hi Mike, I own a 609 and was wondering if you could explain how I can change the registrations with my feet. As
far as I can see this has to be done by hand. Am I wrong? If so , how is it done pedal wise. Ray.
Ray2

Postby andyg » 26 Jun 2014 22:26

You set up a Registration Sequence to do this.

First, programme your settings into the Registration Memories and save the bank as usual.

Nor sure where it is on the 609, but one of the Functions is Regist Sequence. On this screen you can decide which pedal will do the switching (centre one is the usual choice on a Clavinova), and what happens at the end of the sequence, ie does it stop or go back to the start. Then you decide the order of the sequence. By default, with no settings made, it will be in numerical order, 1,2,3,4 etc up to 8. But you can do something like 1,2,1,3,2,4,5 for intro, verses, choruses and ending. Once set, you can save this as part of your registration bank.

I can't give you 100% model specific advice on what buttons to press on screen, but I'd be amazed if it were too far removed from the procedure for the rest of the Yamaha range that I've just described.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

Image .. Image
Visit My Website: http://www.andrew-gilbert.com/
andyg
Super Poster

Postby Ray2 » 27 Jun 2014 09:17

Morning Andy, many thanks for your prompt reply. I don't know if it makes any difference but I notice the heading subject shows as a C.L.P. 609 whereas mine is a C.V.P.609. Anyway I shall try your suggestions and see what happens. Many thanks again Andy. Cheers, Ray.
Ray2

Re: Clavinova CVP-609

Postby Mike Bracchi » 27 Jun 2014 12:32

Ray2 wrote: I don't know if it makes any difference but I notice the heading subject shows as a C.L.P. 609 whereas mine is a C.V.P.609.

Wotcha Ray,

That's my mistake - it is a CVP-609 :roll: Must have had my silly head on that day :wink:

I have amended it now.

All the best,

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Re: Clavinova CVP-609

Postby Ray2 » 27 Jun 2014 19:31

Thanks for the update Mike. Hope you are keeping O.K. Thank you, Ray.
Ray2

Return to Yamaha Clavinova CLP, CVP & CGP Series