Bit of a pickle in the used tyros market

General discussions about Yamaha keyboards

Bit of a pickle in the used tyros market

Postby keyboardplayer » 06 Oct 2014 20:19

Hi, ive been taking some time out to look around the dealers for an upgrade and I have come to the conclusion that the way forward is Korg, comparing like for like against the Yamaha, the Korg models take the biscuit everytime. the one thing i did pick up on was all the dealers I visited have piles of tyros 3 and 4s gathering dust in stock rooms, one dealer told me he had 31 used tyros models that he cant sell and Yamaha are not sympathetic to his plight. makes me wonder if all is well with the big Y

KBP
keyboardplayer

Re: Bit of a pickle in the used tyros market

Postby dragon » 06 Oct 2014 21:37

I owned a Tyros 3 and sold it as quickly as I could. Suits a lot of people but certainly not me. If I was in the market for a keyboard, Korg would be the first one I looked at ( Perhaps the reason there are a lot of s/hand Tyros lurking in dealers storerooms could be that they are well made and don't wear out.) .. Fred
Keyboard: Korg EK50 Ringway600
dragon
Prolific Poster

Re: Bit of a pickle in the used tyros market

Postby Brian007 » 07 Oct 2014 06:33

As an owner of a new Korg I can see where your coming from, My decision was based on 2 things
Price/ I got a brand new machine for what I would have paid for a 2-3-4 year old T4
and secondly I was used to Korg and it was not a huge new learning curve for me but simply a
pleasant surprise as too how much Korg have improved there operating system and there general easy of use.

One thing if your coming from a Yam to a Korg there will be a learning curve no two ways about it
but well worth it in the end.

Good luck with whatever you decide on

Brian
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Return to Yamaha Chit Chat