Northeast keyboard club 10/2/2020

Any information/reports about Clubs & Societies in your area, please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Northeast keyboard club 10/2/2020

Postby JohnT » 11 Feb 2020 08:06

Hi Everyone. Another interesting and informative evening it lasted a good three hours. There were 12 present and four brought keyboards. Thanks to Les(Tyros 1) Sue(Yamaha) GeorgeR (Tyros 5).
A special thanks to Dave for bringing his Yamaha Genos and setting it up with his iPad. Members were very impressed and several had a try. He had down loaded lots of books and brought some usbs which members took advantage of the different styles etc.
Nine of the members played some lovely tunes and a great evening was had by all.
The next night is band night on Monday 17/2. Harry will not be there he is still recovering from an operation on his hand. Bring books 4and 5 and we will muddle on regardless. Hope to see you there. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Re: Northeast keyboard club 10/2/2020

Postby muddy » 11 Feb 2020 08:37

Hi all

I had a great night and was happy to see people taking advantage of using my setup.

Although I did not play I enjoyed showing the ease of which finding the sheet music and automatic transfer of said music and registrations once file system is set up.

I use Mobilesheets program on a windows 10 chuwi 13 touch pad.

If I had to replace my 13 pad I would probably go for the 12 inch touch pad as the 13 inch is not available something like....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Linx-12X64-12-5-inch-Detachable-Processor/dp/B06Y2W2NJX

I have not used one but it would run mobilesheets so it would probably fit my needs.

Mobilesheets has an Andriod version but as of today no IOS version so WILL NOT work on an ipad

I am happy to answer any questions I am no expert but I have a working system so must have a little knowledge

I will miss band night but will attend the first monday of the next month.

cheers dave
muddy
Novice Poster

Postby Jon D » 11 Feb 2020 09:18

Hi there Dave,
Pleased you had a good time and for dragging your keyboard along much appreciated my good friend. :D :D :D

Jon D. 8) 8)
Hi there I have played from the age of 13 and all my music is played in a sort of dance tempo style. Have worked in nearly all the North East clubs over the years. That gave me a good grounding. Cheers.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 April; November (Joint Winner)
2022 June; November
2023 January; August (Joint Winner)
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnT » 11 Feb 2020 11:04

Hi Dave. Thanks for your reply. Pleased you enjoyed your evening. I am sure lots of the members got something out of what you have done. Looking forward to seeing you next month. All the best. John
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby golfer » 12 Feb 2020 10:15

Hi all. Dave I am pleased you enjoyed the night and thank you for the info still having problems setting up midi but I will get there looking to buy the wireless midi connectors. Many thanks Bill
golfer

Postby Georgeandmarj » 12 Feb 2020 19:34

Hi all,yes it was a good night, I think we had a good exchange of info.
Georgeandmarj
Active Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 12 Feb 2020 20:35

You lot are lucky to have someone to talk to who understands MIDI. Think of me, with no keyboard and a Yamaha AR80 organ which works off floppy disks, which supposedly has MIDI .. but it's Yamaha's 'own' version of MIDI. It has three Channels, one for the Upper Manual. one for the Lower Manual and one for the Pedals (I think).

In the AR100 User Manual there is a limited amount of information about MIDI on Page 162.

For starters, the MIDI connections are made to the rear of the organ, so one would have to move the organ away from the wall. This is where organs are usually placed .. and an organ is very heavy to move. Mine is wedged in on both sides with book cases.

Then you have to set up the MIDI screen to what you want.

Don't know what any of this means with regard to what my organ can connect up to. And does the MIDI enable me to play voices from other instruments on my AR80 organ? Eg. A Glenn Miller sound from a PSR keyboard, as that is one of the sounds we can't replicate on the AR. And could other instruments play voices from my AR80? Not that anyone would ever want to do that as the Voices on other keyboards are far, far superior to what I have on my AR.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to Clubs & Societies