Tyros 5 Launched in Palma de Mallorca (T5 Photo)

The Yamaha Tyros 5 Workstation.

Tyros 5 Launched in Palma de Mallorca (T5 Photo)

Postby Mike Bracchi » 23 Oct 2013 21:23

Facebook is useful for something then .... :lol: :lol: Bert Smorenburg, who demonstrates for Yamaha posted this on his facebook profile page yesterday together with a picture - comment read .....

"Massive Yamaha event in Palma de Mallorca, featuring great vocalist Susan Albers"

There is also reports of a Yamaha dealer in Los Angeles giving out the following information ....

"MAP (minimum advertised price) price for the 61 key should be just under the current Tyros4 and about $250.00 more for the 76 key version. There will also be a "bundle" version with speakers like the Tyros 4 external add ons, flash memory and stand.

The little bit of information I know is that there will be new pianos, more and new SA2 voices, new styles and lots of new options when playing chords from both the right and left side of keyboard. I have no info yet on features and if there is a touch screen or not.

I do know that the keyboard will be shown in Germany on the 25th of October so we should get a lot of information by this weekend.

I did confirm that a small amount will arrive hopefully in December."

Also, this from an attendee at the official launch ....

Monday was the presentation of the new Tyros 5 in Palma de Mallorca (Spain) and the screen is not touch, but as the current Tyros 4.
There are 2 versions of 61 and 76 keys and the sound is much improved.
The styles are real samples of audio.

It all sounds very 'un-interesting' if it's true :? :?
Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Re: Tyros 5 Launched 2 days ago in Palma de Mallorca

Postby Wally Gator » 23 Oct 2013 23:48

I thought they weren't going to call it a Tyros. It sounds like the 910 to 950 changes. It's mostly the same except for the audio stuff.
Wally Gator
Mega Poster

Postby Mike Bracchi » 24 Oct 2013 00:18

Wally Gator wrote:I thought they weren't going to call it a Tyros. It sounds like the 910 to 950 changes. It's mostly the same except for the audio stuff.

That's what I thought Wally, I did get some inside-info from a mate @ Yamaha back in spring, he was quite adamant that the Tyros 4 was going to be the last in the Tyros series :? :?

Just don't know who to trust these days :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do hope it's got something more going for it ... otherwise there's going to be a lot of very disappointed people!

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby jackoj » 24 Oct 2013 06:37

Got to agree with your comments Mike, thought for sure it would have a touch screen but looks as though they have not wanted to spend to much as the price for the T5 would be to high for the public want buy it, as you know the money is the driving force. Thanks for heads up Mike. ATB. jackoj.
Korg PA4X, Roland SL80
Image HAPPY PLAYING 2023
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2020 January (Joint Winner); February (Joint Winner)
jackoj
Prolific Poster

Postby Fred » 24 Oct 2013 09:46

Hi Mike

Thanks for the update. However we will just have to wait a bit longer to find out for sure. Even at this late stage it is difficult to know what to believe.
The only thing that is certain at the moment is that Bert is without doubt the best presenter that Yamaha have. He such a character. Just to fuel the speculation, Bert has always been much stranger on the synth side, so maybe we are moving closer to some blurring between the Motif and the Tyros. If we were to simply get an appegiator it would be nice.

Fred
Fred
Active Poster

Postby Mike Bracchi » 24 Oct 2013 09:53

Hiya Fred,

I picked up a little more info last night ....

The new Tyros 5 is similar in appearance to the T4, it's silver with a choice of 61 or 76 keys.
Below the display there appears to be vertical LED bars with sliders.
Completely new software.

That's all for now ... :wink:

I will keep digging for more details throughout the day :wink: Oh, I almost forgot, there is this .... :wink:

Tyros 5 .... note the 76 keys 8)

"...All persons present at the product presentation event signed a confidentiality document prohibiting them to public any of the pictures before the official launch of the product on the 11.11.2013."[/quote]
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Re: Tyros 5 Launched in Palma de Mallorca (T5 Photo)

Postby Mike Bracchi » 24 Oct 2013 10:09

Tyros 5 .... note the 76 keys 8)

Looks like they have gained some of extra length needed for the 76 note keyboard by shifting the position of the USB port.

"...All persons present at the product presentation event signed a confidentiality document prohibiting them to public any of the pictures before the official launch of the product on the 11.11.2013."[/quote]
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby Fred » 24 Oct 2013 11:27

Cheers Mike

I can't say that I can notice the Vertical LEDs other than some change to the knobs on the sliders. Possibly there are and the sliders are motorised. There is something different in the middle of the top row of buttons on the left hand side of the screen.

The new operating system would be a big improvement as the old could not cope with the smooth transition that Korg introduced a while ago.

Thanks again

Fred
Fred
Active Poster

Postby Eileen » 24 Oct 2013 11:33

Well Mike,
This one has been very closely guarded so it is anyone's guess still at the moment. I believe even the dealers who have seen it are not allowed to say a thing until the demo's have been completed. My dealer goes to see it next month. He did how ever say it is Awesome.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Postby Jon D » 24 Oct 2013 13:35

Hi there Mike,
Looks very impressive like the 76 note keyboard look forward to hearing it thank you for letting us see it first cheers pal. 8) 8) 8)
Jon D. :D :D :D :D
Hi there I have played from the age of 13 and all my music is played in a sort of dance tempo style. Have worked in nearly all the North East clubs over the years. That gave me a good grounding. Cheers.
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 April; November (Joint Winner)
2022 June; November
2023 January; August (Joint Winner)
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Postby Facebook News Feed » 24 Oct 2013 14:13

Facebook News Feed

Postby bud2 » 24 Oct 2013 15:43

Well, we will still have to wait to see and hear it for ourselves, that will be the true time to make a decision. I just wonder why this time everything is so hush, hush. All the other Tyros launches have been after quite a lot of what it contains had been released, which I think made people more interested to go and see it. All this secrecy, I think may dampen peoples excitement.?
Regards, Bill.

Tyros 5/NP30 Twinset

bud2
Active Poster

Postby Mike Bracchi » 24 Oct 2013 16:54

The ole telephone has been red hot this afternoon over my 'premature public revelation' of the new Yamaha Tyros 5.

As you know, I'm not in the habit of removing or censoring material once it has been posted :wink:
However, a short while ago I received a call from a very friendly man from Yamaha to discuss this thread ... I would say that at no time was I asked to remove the subject despite the callers obvious concern about the 'source' of the information in my post ... the photo in particular.

In the meantime, it is still my intention to 'gather' as much information on the two variants of the Tyros 5 and post it for your reference.

Regards,

Mike.
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby Fred » 24 Oct 2013 18:14

Hi Mike

Although the picture is available else where, I think you done the right thing.

I just hope that Yamaha do the right thing and give you one of the demo models after the bring it back from Spain. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fred
Fred
Active Poster

Postby Eddie Smart » 24 Oct 2013 18:21

Fred wrote:Hi Mike

I just hope that Yamaha do the right thing and give you one of the demo models after the bring it back from Spain. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fred

:lol: Hallo Fred,that would be the honorable thing to do wouldn't it :lol: :lol:
There does seem to be a lot of speculation about the authentisity of the picture Mike posted, to my mind a call from a representative of Yamaha about it is confirmation that it's real enough, thinking back and i'm sure Mike will confirm this everybody thought his picture of the Tyros 4 was a photoshop job when he was first to post that back on the site we don't talk about anymore.

Eddie
Eddie Smart

Postby Fred » 24 Oct 2013 20:07

Hi Eddie

I don't think anyone could say that it is not authentic. If I was going to do a Photshop job I would not put loads of Shadows on there to make it more difficult. I can understand Yamaha are concerned about someone leaking the pic, was it an employee, a dealer or perhaps someone in the hotel in Spain (the original person who posted the image actually comes from Spain. However I don't understand why they would suggest it is removed, surely they intend to let us the Customer see it eventually. If it is released in December then they have nothing to fear from other manufacturers stealing their thunder by releasing a keyboard with some of the features of the T5. I just wish I could have been a fly on the wall in Mike house when he and Richard were talking. Well maybe a fly on the wall outside, just in case Mike Swatted me.

The guy who posted the first pic has now added the unedited version on the Web

Fred
Fred
Active Poster

Postby Mike Bracchi » 24 Oct 2013 20:35

Hiya Fred,

Well, I have been wondering if I made the right call myself when I offered to remove it, particularly now that the original picture (without the background white-washed out) has appeared on PSR which, I have no doubt, is going to lead Yamaha right back to the 'happy snapper'

Fred ... Fred is that you :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, I can't see that it's going to make any difference to Yamaha now, so I think I may well re-instate the images later tonight and review the situation if I receive a formal request from Yamaha to remove them ...

Best regards,

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby keyboardplayer » 25 Oct 2013 02:17

it looks like a nice piece of kit, I understand from my local dealer that it's sounds are stunning, cant wait to go see it.
thinking back and i'm sure Mike will confirm this everybody thought his picture of the Tyros 4 was a photoshop job when he was first to post that back on the site we don't talk about anymore.
Eddie

Yes i do recall that, everybody was saying it was fake photo because Yamaha would never use 'blue' lighted buttons etc etc .... how wrong were they!! :lol: :lol:
It'll be the same with this photo. You watch, all the so called "image experts" will be crawling out from under the woodwork telling us why the picture isn't real. It will be them walking around with egg all over their faces in a few days or so :twisted:

KBP
keyboardplayer

Postby borrenzo » 25 Oct 2013 07:27

(A friend) and that 'was invited to the convention to yamaha palm mayorca last Monday and matrtedi, I anticipated a few things. which was similar to the Tyros4 silver color, already 'have you seen the photos .... dysplay does not have the touch screen audio ..... many styles of high fattuta ....... new drums completely redone more 'eye-catching ...... styles in the fill, intro and eding ..... dsp and converters are much improved ...... spectacular super arculation 3 .... will be spectacular especially the chitarre.tra 1/10 November, the first demo .... good music at all. :)
borrenzo

Postby Mike Bracchi » 25 Oct 2013 10:36

Hello Vincenzo,

Thank you for the extra snippets of information on the new Tyros 5, I was also told that the voice articulation was simply stunning - can't wait to hear it :D

A PSR member cleaned the photo-up by removing the purple hue caused by the lighting when the photo was taken ...

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby Fred » 25 Oct 2013 10:46

Hi Mike

Thanks, the colour corrected version is much better. I can now see the (9) Vertical LED's on the screen which I could not see before. There appears to be a small horizontal slider on the LH side.

I think it is interesting that here in the UK there appears to a very subdued atmosphere towards any launch of keyboards. I'm almost 70 and I'm long past getting excited over anything, however I am still interested in the developments in keyboard technology even though I may never be in a position financially to get.

Fred
Fred
Active Poster

Postby LeoP » 25 Oct 2013 14:01

This all makes very interesting reading, the picture does look real to me but hey what do I know. I have just been looking at the other uk based forums and the consensus of opinion is that it's a wind-up and the photo is a bodge job using some sort of editing software. Mike, it looks like both you and the photo are getting criticism on one particular site set up after the demise of YKPO.
The same picture story is running on serveral of the US forums and at present I reckon that the odds, by the forum members, are for it being a bad fake :lol: As i said looks real to me, we must wait and see.
LeoP

Postby Eileen » 25 Oct 2013 14:22

I think we all know by now that this is a picture of Tyros 5. Such a shame it was leaked this way. I would have much sooner waited until there was more spec information to go with it.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Postby Mike Bracchi » 25 Oct 2013 16:41

LeoP wrote:This all makes very interesting reading, the picture does look real to me but hey what do I know. I have just been looking at the other uk based forums and the consensus of opinion is that it's a wind-up and the photo is a bodge job using some sort of editing software. Mike, it looks like both you and the photo are getting criticism on one particular site set up after the demise of YKPO.
The same picture story is running on serveral of the US forums and at present I reckon that the odds, by the forum members, are for it being a bad fake :lol: As i said looks real to me, we must wait and see.

Wotcha Leo,

:) Well I think I can guess which site that is .... in many respects I can't really blame them.

It has been almost two years since I dis-associated myself from 'Kieth Osbourn', and this 'tale' started some 12 months prior to that event ... certain things had been said by a few ex-ypko members that questioned Osbourn's integrity, foolishly I got involved and found myself vehemently defending him over what had been said.
In a further act of complete stupidity, I also made certain accusations about Keith Ball and his 'site management methods' :oops: Had I spent a moment or two evaluating the situation properly before I shot my mouth off, I would have discovered that the situation had been, to the greater part, manipulated by the very person I was trying to defend :roll:

So, two year after I discovered that they were probably right in what they said, I guess I owe Keith Ball and his team an apology for what I said ...... :oops:

Anyway Leo, enough of the sacrament of penance for now .... the Tyros 5 picture is the real thing, may very well look similar to all other Tyros models but that is where the similarity ends ... by all accounts it is 'a giant leap forward' for the Tyros series, and has some stunning new features, you wait, you'll see soon :wink:

A teaser of what is to come ..... Source: Kaye's Music Scene, California.

76 AND 61-key models
Incredible new Voice content including but not limited to new SA2 Voices, new pianos, EPs and keyboards and a mind-blowing new ensemble Voice feature that will redefine what you think of as "real"

Exciting new Style content with all-new Audio Styles

Trigger chords from the right or left-hand, play left-hand bass or play piano-style while the Style plays the bass.

New graphics for the new ORGAN WORLD Voices and effect editing give Tyros the feel of a professional recording studio.

New audio features like Audio Link Multi Pad, Time Stretch, Pitch Change and Vocal Cancel.

Sounds the biz to me ..... :D

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby Fred » 25 Oct 2013 19:29

Hi Mike

Maybe we should completely remove all references to the Tyros 5, AND Not make any further comment until after Xmas. Maybe then Yamaha might understand that the forum's do a lot of good in promoting their keyboards. It is sad that they monitor the forum but rarely take the time to make a constructive comment or help when it is required.
Maybe a nice BIG notice on the Main screen saying "This is a Forum for Organ & Keyboard players and NOT for Yamaha Employee's".

Sorry for the childish comments but if Yamaha treat us like kids, they cannot complain if I act like one.

Fred
Fred
Active Poster

Postby Mike Bracchi » 25 Oct 2013 20:11

Yes it's a shame Fred ... They have always been the same though, back in the early 80's when they launched the D-65 and D-85 Electones, you wouldn't believe the palava that was associated with that release :roll: For many years I assumed it was just a 'Carl Spencer'* thing - but clearly it comes from the very core of Yamaha in their native Japan.

For a seriously big company to play games with us like this, it's real 'shoddy' :roll:

*Carl Spencer: Was, for 12 or 13 years, 'second in command' at Kemble-Yamaha Music.
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby tomtomsf » 25 Oct 2013 23:07

It's foolish of Yamaha to release the news in dribs and drabs. Only select groups of people are invited on many various dates, All are sworn to secrecy. The rest of the common folk will find out in due time! Come on! They could learn a lesson or two about marketing, in my opinion.
Say it loud, say it proud! Tell the world about your new keyboard and don't hide it in secrecy.
:D
Tom G.
Tyros 4
tomtomsf
Active Poster

Postby Eileen » 26 Oct 2013 22:19

Well Yamaha have always launched this way so it should not be a big surprise. We will all know in a couple of weeks when we can probably try it for ourselves in the shops. Yes Yamaha do look in on the larger forums and take note of what members are asking for. Believe it or not some of these requests do turn up in keyboards. They will never post on forums though as it would take up to much of there valuable time. However they are always only a phone call away and are very helpful to any one with a problem.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Postby Mike Bracchi » 30 Oct 2013 01:58

According to the guy's at Sud-Claviers who have made a couple more 'fun videos' of the Tyros 5 release, they are hinting at wifi and iPad connectivity 8)

If only I paid more attention in my French lessons all them years ago I might have been able to pick out a few more hints on what new features the Tyros 5 may have :lol:

All the best.

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby Craig » 30 Oct 2013 09:36

Not long to find out now Mike :) I hope they still include the editing software for PC (and Mac users this time), rather than make editing via an iPad app, as Roland did with their Integra 7.
Craig

Postby Eileen » 30 Oct 2013 23:47

Hi Mike the hints may very well be true. My dealer goes to see it on the 5th of November so not long now to wait. The hints going around now suggest it is going to be a great keyboard. I think we are going to be very pleased with it.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Postby Mike Bracchi » 01 Nov 2013 10:09

With a huge range of high quality orchestral and synthersizer sounds and a wide range of performance functions, Yamaha’s range of Arranger Workstations meet the needs of both the home and professional keyboard player.

Yamaha’s range of Arranger Workstation keyboards are packed with hundreds of great sounds using the unique Advanced Wave Memory (AWM) tone generation system. In addition there is a comprehensive range of performance features for every type of player.
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Yamaha keyboards showed a lackluster performance in Europe

Postby Mike Bracchi » 01 Nov 2013 11:00

Looks like the Yamaha keyboards may be loosing their 'shine' after all .......

Although piano sales in Japan were below the previous year, they remained brisk in North America.
In addition, they increased thanks to positive foreign exchange impact. In the digital musical
instrument business, sales of digital pianos increased, but portable keyboards showed a lackluster
performance in Europe and emerging countries.
In wind, string, & percussion instruments, wind
instruments in North America and guitars in Japan, North America, and China remained robust.
Revenues at music schools decreased slightly.

Still some serious 'wonga' floating around, and I'm sure the new Tyros 5 will help 'fatten' the coffers some more for Mr Yamaha :wink:

Please allow a moment for the document to load fully ....
Best viewed by clicking on Image in the top right hand corner of the pdf viewer.
[pdfview]http://www.yamaha.com/news_release/2013/pdf/20131031a.pdf[/pdfview]
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby Fred » 01 Nov 2013 11:03

Hi Mike

Many thanks ------ The full specs are now out

Fred

http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musica ... uct_lineup

Well it was but the info has now been taken down. Interesting it showed the expansion memory does remain the same and something called Ensemble features very strongly.
Fred
Active Poster

Postby Mike Bracchi » 01 Nov 2013 11:12

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah you got be quick Fred, that's why I nearly always immediately 'print' the page(s) to a pdf. with a right click ... got it captured then :lol:

Someone else will 'slip-up' later and I'll be ready this time ... ha ha ha ha

Best regards,

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Next

Return to Yamaha Tyros 5 Workstation