Railways

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Railways

Postby dragon » 06 Jul 2018 14:12

I have been asked to write some background music for model railway DVDs to avoid using copywrite material. I don't have a clue where to start. Any idea? Anyone want to have a go? .. Fred
Keyboard: Korg EK50 Ringway600
dragon
Prolific Poster

Re: Railways

Postby Brian007 » 06 Jul 2018 14:44

Hi Fred,

I composed a 90 second piece of music for a friend of mine and I started off choosing a Chord progression first, can be any one you like, google chord progressions there are a fair few on the net and that`s you starting point from there choose an accompaniment style that you think would be suitable for your music .

Now comes the fun bit, start and play about with the chordal notes ( notes that are in the chords you are using ) and see where it takes you from there,
I found the hard part was finding a chorus or middle 8 section and let it develop from there.

Here`s the one I composed for my mates grandson, cant recall the chords of the top of my head and I am at the caravan at the momnet

Have fun, Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Re: Railways

Postby dragon » 06 Jul 2018 14:57

Thanks Brian. That is a good melody you have there. I have composed before using chord progressions but cant even think of a suitable style to reflect railways/ I'll give it a bit more thought. .. Cheers .. Fred
Keyboard: Korg EK50 Ringway600
dragon
Prolific Poster

Return to Shooting The Breeze & General Chatter