The Matrix films

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

The Matrix films

Postby lesh » 22 Apr 2020 10:16

So I have the 3 Matrix films on DVD, the first bought 2000 just after the first film was released and the sequel films 2004.

For those that haven’t seen the films it was a war between humans and intelligent machines. When humans blocked the machines' access to solar energy, the machines responded by harvesting the humans' bioelectric power, keeping them pacified in a pod in the Matrix.
Basically we all in pods connected to the Matrix and living life via a computer program which makes us think we are alive in the real world.

Over the years I’ve watched these films at least 4 times and fascinated by the thought we could all be living through this never changing computer program.

SO..after all this lockdown is finished and routine restored look out for the Matrix, eg.

Do you go shopping on the same day each week and to the same shop, do you park in the same area of the car park?
Are the same people in the cafe you use and sitting in the same seat?
Do you go to the same pub, same day, same seat.
How much do you do at the same time, same day each week, I know I do a lot, so am I in the Matrix. Lol

Hope you find this light hearted as it is intended to be.

Best regards and stay safe,

Les
Keyboard: Tyros 5
lesh
Active Poster

Re: The Matrix films

Postby Brian007 » 22 Apr 2020 11:13

Hi Les,

I think we all become creatures of habit as we progress in years or at least I feel as if I do,

Up at 7.00am every morning 7 days a week

Dog walks at 3 set times of the day

Meal times are pretty much set in stone unless its something out of the ordinary

Shopping was very much a regular same as until this lock down kicked off

I suppose I feel happy having a routine

Stay Safe and All the Best, Brian007

Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Re: The Matrix films

Postby lesh » 22 Apr 2020 12:13

Hi Brian,

I can just see a film Director going to the same cafe every day to pick up his coffee, see the same people and thinking, “I can make a film about this “ and he did.

I’m the same as you, under normal times I could tell where I would be at a certain time on most weekly days and see the same people, you could call it happy and safe in our day routine.

Stay safe

Les
Keyboard: Tyros 5
lesh
Active Poster

Return to Shooting The Breeze & General Chatter