An example of what you can do with iPad apps

Virtual Voices, Music & Music Apps

An example of what you can do with iPad apps

Postby Hugh-AR » 13 Aug 2020 12:51

RnL&Jordan Rudess w. iPads - Another One

First 2 minutes of this track are played only on iPad apps, and joined by the traditional instruments for the last minute. Everything you see in the video is the actual recorded performance.

Apps used:

MorphWiz
    Wizbot
    Nlog PRO
    ThumbJam
    Looptastic HD
    Mugician
    iELECTRIBE
    iMS-20
    Pocket Organ
    Drum Meister
    MiniSynth
    iShred
    VoiceKeyboard
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: An example of what you can do with iPad apps

Postby Brian007 » 13 Aug 2020 13:04

Hi Hugh,

The Ipad is a tool of choice for a lot of younger composers and songwriters of today as it is light, portable and fairly inexpensive for the Apps after the initial lay out for the Ipad

I do use mine mostly for additional voices that are not available or are too expensive for me to have on the SX700 or my PC, its a very reliable device for creating music on and some people actually use them for live playing at performances, and when you consider windows track record of updates lately its little surprise that the ipad is gaining ground in the home recording area of music production.

A interesting video, thanks for posting.

Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Re: An example of what you can do with iPad apps

Postby Brian007 » 15 Aug 2020 09:10

HI all,

Carrying on from Hugh`s original post regarding the use of apps on the Apple Ipad, why bother ?

Well if you have an I pad you have access to some really great music making/creating apps at around a quarter of the price you would pay for the equivalent PC program and apple IOS is noted for its stability and flexibility and connectivity to real world musical instruments and the ability to record them

Here is one example which mirrors basically what an arranger keyboard does which to play loops be it pre-recorded loops in a style programmed by Yamaha

Here you can create or import Audio or Midi Data a loop it just as an arranger keyboard does, not as easy but a lot more fun and creative and only costs £2.99p

All the best, Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Return to Creating music with programming