Saudade (to miss)

Any piece that is your own composition, please post in here. Tell us how you went about it!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Saudade (to miss)

Postby Carloss » 17 Sep 2020 13:25

Without music, life would be a mistake.
Instruments: Vertical Piano and a Digital p125 Yamaha Keyboard.
Carloss
Super Poster

Re: Saudade (to miss)

Postby JohnT » 18 Sep 2020 16:05

Hi Carloss Some intricate pieces in that one. An easy listen. Where do you get your inspiration to compose a piece of music. It seems quite challenging. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Carloss » 18 Sep 2020 21:39

John, thank you for your comment. You're right, it's a challenge. But it happens. You start strumming on the piano and a phrase appears, a rhythm, a repetition. As the thing gets interesting, you go writing the music not to forget. Then it's a lot of trial and error, attempts to improve and so on. I'm adding a picture of a sketch of this song, Saudade. Much was played on the piano based on only these notes.

Carloss
Super Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 20 Sep 2020 20:39

Carloss,

There is a lot involved in your music. I don't think you could write it out on the back of a postage stamp!

Your piano has a nice sound. If you tried playing your music on a keyboard, the keyboard would have difficulty recognising any of the harmonies you play as they are so way out. I will also add that your music is never predictable. You never know what's coming next!

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Carloss » 21 Sep 2020 15:37

You know, Hugh, I try to maintain a coherent sound, no matter how big a dissonant dominant chord occurs, or the presence of different accents and variations in the tempo of the notes, how to syncopate a melody, how to swing, is something I strive to learn.

Sitting at the piano and playing a song without the pressure of recording it, playing with pleasure, at ease, being able to miss notes, missing the tempo, being able to repeat it, in my view, is like improvising, whether with chords or modes, or different scales, a situation in which there may be no wrong notes. Playing for yourself is relaxing, fun. The brain likes it.

On the other hand, it is quite difficult to play a song to try to record it accurately. I record the same song 2 or 3 times in the same take and edit the one that seemed best to me. It sucks, but listening after a while, it seems like an easy job. I realized that Reverend Tony, for example, does not miss a note in his live takes. My keyboard is a p125.

Thank you for the kind comment 8)
Carloss
Carloss
Super Poster

Return to Own Compositions