Debut Screen Capturing Software

Post in here anything you have done with your keyboard or organ,
or any queries you may have about your keyboard or organ.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Debut Screen Capturing Software

Postby Brian007 » 02 Apr 2022 15:42

Hi ALL,

I have been try this free piece of software to do some live screening video recording and here are the results,

I used as an example how I try to create my own music in cakewalk without any auto style accompaniment, just me creating all the tracks. This was just jamming and I was just basically using notes that are in the chords and making it up as I went along nothing polished just live jamming

I know some arranger keyboards have the ability to output sound and video to a computer live so thought this may interest some of you.

Here is a link to the software its free for non commercial use but limited to 5 mins recording time, which is enough for me

https://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/download-now.html

All the best, Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Re: Debut Screen Capturing Software

Postby JohnT » 02 Apr 2022 18:03

Hi Brian Interesting wish I had the time to do this and videos.,maybe when I retire. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 02 Apr 2022 19:05

Hi John,

Its just a bit different and something I have been wanting to try and it did not cost anything so worth spending a little time finding out
whether I will continue to use it or not remains to be seen,

All the best Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 02 Apr 2022 22:39

Brian,

I downloaded this weeks ago as I reckoned showing screenshots of what I am doing would help with explaining things. Not as clever as you, as I couldn't get the program to record a single thing I was doing. Basically, I wanted it to show me moving the mouse about and clicking on things. Will the program do that?

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 03 Apr 2022 07:28

Hi Hugh,

I have just done screen captures up to now , but looking into the Options it will allow you to switch on the mouse and webcam recording and add text also but haven't tried it as yet

The best thing to do is to look on youtube for some tutorials of what your after , I am only really interested it straight forward screen and sound capture and that will depend on the sound quality. here is a tutorial I found specifically on the free version as I am no good at explaining things sorry.

All the best, Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 03 Apr 2022 12:08

Thanks for finding that, Brian. I hadn't seen that video before. She is doing exactly what I was wanting to do .. move the mouse about whilst explaining something. Of course you can change the appearance of the mouse to make it more visible .. like a circle. But I was hoping to actually click on something to show the new screen that came up .. and she hasn't done that. She has put her mouse over the button but not clicked on it, saying the recording would stop.

Eg. If I was explaining how to use something in VideoPad I would have the main VideoPad screen showing; then click on Eg. Add Text, which would bring up a Text Box for me to type into, positioned on the Timeline. Then I would choose my FONT and SIZE and type in a Title. Show how to SAVE this (it's by clicking on the X in the top right hand corner .. there is no SAVE!). Then show how to ZOOM the title over an existing photo or video clip. Much easier to show how this works than explaining it in words.

So I will look into this program and see if it will do all this. If it does, I don't mind having to pay for it to get it to SAVE the resultant video as MP4.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 03 Apr 2022 14:20

Hi Hugh,

I think it will save in MP4 if you look further down the SAVE menu, and I am sure the mouse is yellow and if you click on something it turns RED from what I have seen on Youtube
worth playing about free version is limited to 5 mins in one go

Here is another video for you to watch

All the best, Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby dentyr » 11 Apr 2022 03:56

Hello,
How to use "Debut Video Capture Software" to record your screen!

That video showed you nothing. Just a girl talking.
I downloaded that free version of the program and, yes, it does what it claims including "Not Responding" when you are some way into what you want to do. I got frustrated and tossed it. I use my camera for copying videos if I really want something, which is not often. Take the camera MP4 into VideoPad and change it as I like. So, I can't get my mouse to slide across the screen but I can insert a jpg with the relevant arrows and bits. Full version of the program is $US25 which equates to about $A45. Not worth it for me.
Adding my gripe to that; when you see the tens of thousands of instruction videos on YT makes me wonder how many people would be interested enough to follow what I did and how I did it.
Regards, Den.
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 11 Apr 2022 07:38

Hi Den

I have personally have not had any problems with using the software , I start it and then click the application I want to record the screen of ( in my case Cakewalk )

and just let it got to I am finished, then I close down Cakewalk and go back to the Debut recording software and stop it, and save it as a mp4 and thats it ?

I am using windows 10 on a laptop and it works just fine,

Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby dentyr » 17 Apr 2022 13:35

Hello Brian, I tried the free version again and I got screenshots but I could not get an MP4. Maybe it is the way I downloaded the program. When I start it I get the blue screen asking me to buy it or continue with the free version. This I did and could not get an MP4. The red record button did not work. Any suggestions?
Regards, Den.
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 17 Apr 2022 19:05

hi Den,

Unfortunately I don't know what to suggest you try next, mine worked straight out of the box so to speak so I haven't really had any issues with it
there are plenty of other free programs out there that will do the same so maybe try one of them, sorry I cant be of more help

brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Return to Keyboard Chat