My signature.

Post in here anything you have done with your keyboard or organ,
or any queries you may have about your keyboard or organ.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

My signature.

Postby JohnS » 02 Apr 2021 11:10

How do I change my signature?
There doesn't seem to be any obvious way to do it.
John.
John.

Tyros 4 & Tyros 5/76 keyboards.
JohnS
Active Poster

Re: My signature.

Postby Brian007 » 02 Apr 2021 12:22

Hi John,

Select User Control Panel and then Profile, thats where you will be able to edit it or should be able to edit it ?

Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnS » 02 Apr 2021 13:00

Thanks for the tip Brian.
It wasn't obvious, but I got there.
Regards,
John.
John.

JohnS
Active Poster

Postby JohnS » 03 Apr 2021 11:06

No, I tried it, but it doesn't work!
Dammit.
John.

JohnS
Active Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 03 Apr 2021 13:30

John,

Your Signature ...

Yes, what you have done has worked. But you have entered the extra information into your PROFILE .. not your SIGNATURE.

So where does your PROFILE appear?

If you click on Members (at the top), look for JohnS in the alphabetical list and click on that .. you will see your PROFILE PAGE. This is where anybody looking for information about you as a 'Member' will find out a little bit about you (this is nothing to do with the 'Introduce Yourself' Board, which is your own space for putting up anything you want other Members to know). And this is where the information you put in has ended up.

Now, I can see what you want to do. You want the information you put in to appear underneath every post you make ie. in your Signature.

So go the way Brian007 said .. click on User Control Panel (at the top, under Board Index).
Click on the tab Profile, at the top (which is what you did) ...
.. but if you look on the left, the 'default' screen is Edit Profile, and that is what you were on.
The Edit Signature is underneath it, on the left. so click on that.
This page shows what you have in your 'signature' at the moment .. which is what I put in for you when you joined.
Just make alterations to what you see in there .. it handles like a normal post, with Bold, Italics, Underline, Colours etc.
When you have put in what you want, click on Submit, underneath.
Please keep the [img] BBCode entry I have put underneath anything you put in, as this shows the 'flag' for your Country (UK) .. so should stay at the bottom.

You click on the Edit account settings (on the left at the bottom) if you want to change your Email address, or change your Password.

While you're at it (and this applies to anybody else reading this) ..

.. we are now on British Summer Time. Unfortunately our Forum software doesn't change the clock 'automatically' .. you have to do it yourself.
So if you want the TIME on your posts to reflect the correct time when you posted something, click on the tab Board preferences at the top. This will give you access to all the below:

This is where you can change your own Timezone to eg. Australia, USA, Brazil etc.
And for us in UK you have to change that Summer Time/DST is in effect: to Yes (as I have done on mine). I think they mean BST (British Summer Time), not DST.

Please leave the first three re: being contacted by Members/Administrators/Private messages on the default of Yes. You can't belong to this Forum and have other Members or Administrators not be able to contact you.

Don't forget to click on Submit, underneath, when you have made your changes.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnS » 03 Apr 2021 14:51

Many thanks for the guide Hugh, I am much obliged.
The people who wrote this system had very convoluted minds, I think.
Best regards,
John.
John.

JohnS
Active Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 03 Apr 2021 17:58

John,

I see that in your Signature you have put a LINK to all your music in Box .. John's Jukebox. Thank you so much for giving us that.

Members: If you click on John's LINK in his Signature you will be able to listen to any of his recordings he has put up as MP3. The screen you will be on when you get there is a 'Date Order' screen, with the latest uploads/updates at the top.

Look at the heading for the left hand column. It says Name. Click on the word Name. This will automatically sort John's songs into Alphabetical Order, with 'A' at the top. Click on Name again and it will list them in Reverse Alphabetical Order.

At the top of his page, on the right, you will see a right-arrow in a box. If you hover your mouse over it you will see this:

Click on that arrow and you will go to the next page.

On the next page you will see two arrows, left and right. Click on one of those and you will either go back to the previous page, or on to the next page.

I'm sure you have worked out what I am going to say next. If you are going to play a song and want to see if John has played it so you can listen to it, scroll through the pages in his Alphabetical List and you can see whether he has played it or not .. and if he has, listen to how he has done it (on his Tyros 5?).

To go back to the original Date list, click on the word Updated at the top of that column.

Hugh
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 July; August
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnS » 03 Apr 2021 18:56

Thanks for that Hugh.
Other members are very welcome to look in Box.net at my stuff, there's plenty there, and it includes ALL my mistakes etc.

It would be nice if we all did something similar (I don't mean the mistakes LOL).
Regards to all,
John.
John.

JohnS
Active Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 03 Apr 2021 19:57

John,

Now here lies the problem. I have a load of MP3s in Box, which I can access (I have all my music in a Folder) .. but you're one step ahead of me. I don't know how to set up a SHARE link to a folder?

Hugh
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 July; August
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 03 Apr 2021 20:09

John,

I think I may have sorted it. I have noticed that along the line of the Folder containing my music there is a Share. So clicked on that and got this LINK.

https://app.box.com/s/1uas2v1062l72w2fp5n2e5eno81prkva

Does that enable everyone to see what I have uploaded to my Tyros 4 Folder in Box, and listen to my music? And presumably be able to sort it all into Alphabetical Order too.

I suppose the essence of all this is to create FOLDERS for what you have in Box. If you had no folders then people would have access to things you didn't want them to have .. like PDFs, pictures of grandchildren etc. I have a couple more FOLDERS in my Box. One is for things I put up in the Forum and want to LINK to, so there would be no point in people having access to that.

I have looked at that LINK and I seem to have just one long page. How do you turn your list into Pages? Also, I have an Upload top right of the page. Can people see that, and upload things into my Box Account?

And I can see a 'Bin' on that page too. Does that mean that somebody else could 'bin' all my Tyros 4 MP3 music?

John .. What can you see when you click that Share LINK above?

Hugh
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 July; August
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to Keyboard Chat