Setting up MFC10 foot controller

Anything special about the way you play? Please post in here.

Setting up MFC10 foot controller

Postby Ron » 20 Jun 2022 08:57

I do not think there can be many people using the Yamaha MFC10 foot controller and there is already info online on how to set it up. But this might be useful to someone out there.

I have had one for years and only recently decided to fire it up especially after Hugh discussing the use of expression in playing with me.

I have over the last few days spent hours setting this up and every time failing to save the settings. It was only after reading one article on setup very closely, the penny finally dropped. “ After completion of settings, Tab to User and SAVE the settings”. Following previous online instructions I had put a named folder into User where I was going to save my new Template. This was the problem! After deleting this folder, then pressing SAVE button, a new folder MFC10 appeared, saved Template to this and Success. All saved.

Pity when instructions are being set out and posted online, people sometimes do not put in every little detail especially for those trying to follow and make sense of them.

Ron
Twin setup: Tyros 3 and Yamaha Piaggero NP-11
Fretless Bass, Fender Bass amp: BXR300C, Trace Elliot Commando 100W

Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2019 May (Joint Winner)
2022 September (Joint Winner)
Ron

Return to Playing Technique