Music for Wolston Baptist, 3rd Jan 2021

Any Religious pieces .. please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Music for Wolston Baptist, 3rd Jan 2021

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 01 Jan 2021 10:54

Hi

After a hiatus over Christmas (minister wanted to do something different, and I wasn't happy) and illness, including another spell in hospital and Diabetes to add to my ever-growing list of medical issues, I'm recording music for church once again. Here's the first contribution for the new year. A little rough around the edges (illness etc. meant I hadn't touched a keyboard - let alone a pedalboard!) for around 3 weeks until earlier this week when I managed a couple of sessions on the Viscount).

First up is an anonymous worship song. I'd normally play this on piano, but thought I'd have a change. Wish I had more theatre-organ style sounds available (I'm working on it).

Next, another worship song, this time played on digital piano using an electric piano voicing, plus strings.

And finally one of my favourite hymns. Probably at least in part because it's based around the Epiphany events - the visit of the wise men to the infant Jesus - celebrated on Jan. 6th - which just happens to be my birthday.

Enjoy

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Re: Music for Wolston Baptist, 3rd Jan 2021

Postby JohnT » 03 Jan 2021 12:10

Hi Tony. Glad you are back following illness. Enjoyed my Sunday morning listen all tunes new to me but nicely played despite your lay off. Liked the organ at the end such powerful sound from such a small instrument. Happy birthday for the sixth just in case I forget on the site. Keep safe and have a happy and healthy new year. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Carloss » 03 Jan 2021 13:03

Yeah, congratulations in advance for your birthday, Tony Rev. The hymns are really cool.
Carloss
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Instruments: Vertical Piano and a Digital p125 Yamaha Keyboard.
Carloss
Super Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 03 Jan 2021 18:41

Tony,

Loved that last Hymn. Now that's how an organ should sound. Your bass playing on the pedals came through perfectly. You also made good use of the different sounds you had set up on the two manuals. That's why you need two manuals when playing an organ!

Really enjoyed that.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 04 Jan 2021 10:26

Hi

Thanks for the comments (& early birthday greetings!). As to the organ, I wish I could have afforded a 3 manual - the extra keyboard makes things quite a bit easier in terms of registration, and there are pieces that require 3 manuals, notably the infamous Andantino in D flat by Edwin Lemare, (better known as "Moonlight and Roses"). In it's original version there's a whole page where the right hand fingers are playing the melody on one manual at 16ft pitch, whilst the right thumb in playing a counter-melody on the next keyboard down at 4ft pitch, meanwhile the left hand is doing the accompaniment on the third manual, and the bass line in the pedals. Great fun to play.

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Return to Religious Music