Some recordings from church

Any Religious pieces .. please post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Some recordings from church

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 08 May 2021 08:27

Hi

As you will probably have guessed, we've stopped providing recordings for our "Sunday at Home" worship now the church is open again (and I'm enjoying having a bit more time each week!) However, I have made a couple of "live" recordings at church over the last couple of weeks. The organ track is a simple single camera with audio direct from the instrument. The piano tracks are audio only, but I've added the lyrics (there's no where to put a video camera without it being distracting to the congregation). Again the audio is direct from the instrument - a Roland digital piano. Enjoy.

First up is a simple improvisation on the worship song "You are the Vine" that I played as my opening voluntary last Sunday.

Next up is the hymn "Teach me Thy way, O Lord", played on piano.

And finally for this batch, a relatively new tune to the hymn "How sweet the Name of Jesus sounds"

Enjoy. I'll post more when I have time/energy/inclination!

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Re: Some recordings from church

Postby JohnT » 09 May 2021 13:32

HI Tony. Missed my Sunday listens. Some lovely tunes. The last one was certainly different to the one I was expecting, but a nice piano listen. Hope you get your energy back. I’m back on a weeks course of steroids as my rash etc is returning I think it is a reaction to my second vaccination about a fortnight ago. We will have to wait and see. Looking forward to to more music and posts on the challenge for hymns.Just up your street. Keep safe and well.John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Carloss » 09 May 2021 15:58

Rev Tony, beautiful hymns in this presentation. An authentic piano with the sound of a real piano. Interesting is the synchronization between the lyrics and the music. It's easy to hear. Super. 8)
Carloss
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Instruments: Vertical Piano and a Digital p125 Yamaha Keyboard.
Carloss
Super Poster

Postby Rev Tony Newnham » 10 May 2021 08:07

Thanks for the positive comments.

Feeling a bit rough at the moment- it seems my heart failure meds. might need adjusting. I've got a telephone consultation tomorrow, so I'll see what transpires. Busy week with a rehearsal later today & a funeral on Thursday with a professional soloist.

I'll sort out some contributions for the challenge, but not sure that I'll manage to record anything new, but there's something like 150 hymns/songs & around 30 or so voluntaries that I've recorded for church over the past year, so plenty to choose from!

Every Blessing

Tony
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 July (Joint Winner)
Rev Tony Newnham
Super Poster

Return to Religious Music