Neil Archer playing the Yamaha AR100 organ.

Yamaha Electones eg. HX1, EL Series, AR, StageA etc.

Neil Archer playing the Yamaha AR100 organ.

Postby Hugh-AR » 14 Jan 2022 00:46

YouTube LIVE (22) with Neil Archer - Piano Covers - Yamaha AR100 Electone

Please note:
1) The YouTube video is approx. 2 hours in length. The 1st hour relates to the AR-100.
2) The performer adjusts the video/audio equipment for quite a while in the beginning. If you get 'Subtitles' click the CC button at the bottom to turn the captions OFF.
3) Best to watch this 'live' on YouTube by clicking on Watch on YouTube. When watching on YouTube the right side of the screen shows "live" comments from viewers (you won't see these if watching the embedded video).

To me, this is playing an organ how an organ should be played. ie. no STYLES or just holding chords down with the left hand. Everything you hear, he plays.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: Neil Archer playing the Yamaha AR100 organ.

Postby Hugh-AR » 14 Jan 2022 00:54

More Neil Archer, live:

This time, Neil Archer performs his hand at three Yamaha keyboards, playing holiday music. In watching this YouTube video, one can see that he uses the AR's foot pedals, the knee lever, he also makes use of the (24 x 16) organ & orchestral Preset buttons, ...etc.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 July; August
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 19 Mar 2022 00:04

It's interesting watching how Neil Archer plays his AR100 organ. When the AR organ first came out it was revolutionary in the way it was made 'User Friendly'. It was the first organ that had a section where you could press a button and the organ would be set up with voices on the Upper, Lower and Pedals .. and a STYE chosen to go with it, all ready for you to play. The below shows the REGISTRATION MENU.

Pressing any one of eg. those ORGAN PRESETS will bring 16 choices up on the screen. Choose any one of them and off you go.

This is how Neil Archer is playing this organ .. press and play.

To me, this is how the AR should be played. But none of us play this way! And the reason is this. The AR has a floppy disk to record to, but the floppy disk won't record from pressing buttons under the screen from the REGISTRATION MENU. It will only record from pressing the REGISTRATION MEMORY buttons (16 of them) between the Upper and Lower Manuals. So you would have to decide in advance which eg. ORGAN PRESETS you were going to use and store them in Registration Memories. This is not conducive to playing 'on the fly' and would not have suited Neil Archer at all!

So in these videos, Neil Archer is recording 'live' from a LINE OUT under the organ, and changes REGISTRATIONS 'on the fly'. Just brilliant! Here is another video I have found of him playing.

We Need A Little Christmas - from Mame - Yamaha AR100 Electone (Organ)

When the advert appears click the X in the right hand top corner of the rectangle to get rid of it.

Wow! That's what an AR100 should sound like!

Hugh
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 July; August
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby barwonfan » 19 Mar 2022 10:24

Thanks for posting "We Need A Little Christmas" It was wonderful. What a great player Neil is! J.T.
Keyboard: PSR-S970; PSR-SX900
Image A Musician's work is never done. It is the musician's joy and curse.
I love listening to members performances on this forum and I ALWAYS turn off the speakers on my lap top and plug in my headphones.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Return to Yamaha Organs (Electones)