VideoPad to MovieMaker and back.

Viewable by Members and non-Members.

VideoPad to MovieMaker and back.

Postby dentyr » 22 Jan 2021 23:42

VideoPad NCH Software and Movie maker

With my version of VideoPad I can do all that the program says. However, although I have saved the movie in various formats, ie, MP4, avi, MOV, and some others, the movies will play great on my computers but not on my TV. I have tried other TV’s with no success. I tried Prism file converter and another converter I downloaded, still with no success to play on the TV. Eventually I loaded the video into Moviemaker from Windows Live 2012 and saved it as an MP4. It worked great.
There are things that work good in Moviemaker but there are things that I would like that are not there. Likewise, in VideoPad, the pans & zooms are far better. I think that to sync the videos to the music score is easier in VideoPad but then that is an opinion.
So, for me, I use both.
VideoPad to start as I can do all my set out, transitions and pan & zooms. Put some frames into Moviemaker and do some transitions that Moviemaker has that are not in VideoPad. Save the Moviemaker file and then load that into VideoPad. Now I have a movie file that I like. Save that in VideoPad as an MP4 then open it again in its entirety in Moviemaker and save it as a Moviemaker MP4. Works on my computers and on the TV’s.
I know that this sounds a bit messy but I think the codecs in VideoPad must be slightly different than Moviemaker.
Having written that, it works for me. Have fun.
Regards, Den.
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Re: VideoPad to MovieMaker and back.

Postby Hugh-AR » 23 Jan 2021 20:29

Den,

I have looked at the back of my Smart (very smart) Television and discovered it has a USB Port. So I'll put my videos from my Video Pad onto a Memory Stick and try them in my television. I'll let you know what happens.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Re: VideoPad to MovieMaker and back.

Postby dentyr » 28 Jan 2021 05:22

In regards to my post of 23 Jan I WAS WRONG!
When I wanted to export the movie file I accepted the default in the drop-down box. I should have opened the Preset slot and chosen Wide Screen TV. That is the one that makes a video playable on your TV. Many apologies, Den.
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Return to Creating Videos