Gershwin Medley

Record something on your keyboard, create a video to go with it .. and post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Gershwin Medley

Postby theleans » 25 Jun 2022 20:59

Gershwin Medley. Song titles are as follows:- ‘Our Love Is here To Stay’ and ‘Summertime’.
This is a medley of Gershwin songs which is totally my arrangement and orchestration. No music - purely by ear - no outside apps or programs - my arrangement - actual key changes - and most definitely all my own work, just on my Tyros 4.

Video has been put together by Hugh.

Colin
Colin Leaney
Keyboard: Tyros 4
theleans
Active Poster

Re: Gershwin Medley

Postby Hugh-AR » 25 Jun 2022 21:16

Colin,

I thought the way you selected the instruments for this piece and played it in a 'classical' way was quite amazing. You must have a very good 'ear' to pick out what all those different instruments are doing. And the resulting harmony is superb!

Usually when I make a video I hunt for the words of the song and find suitable pictures to add to the 'atmosphere' of the piece. But I decided with yours that I would find clips of the sounds you have used and 'sync' them to what you are playing. Very challenging, but great fun to do! When I look for video clips/photos from pexels.com, whether or not I find something suitable all depends on what members of the public have uploaded to their site. When I looked for 'Brass bands' there was nothing to speak of .. and 'Jazz' gave me guitars and people singing into microphones. That, to me, is not jazz!

With video clips I can 'cut' them; and speed them up or slow them down. And photos I can set the length of time the picture shows. This is how I get the clips to 'sync' with your music. As I said, I usually get clips to fit the words of a song, but as your piece is very 'orchestral' I thought I would try this approach for a change.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby theleans » 26 Jun 2022 08:16

Hello Hugh,

Although I've extended my personal thanks to you via email, I thought it only right to do the same here. I'm not particularly knowledgeable in the ways of modern day computerised technology, but hopefully sufficient to understand what you've done, and how you've done it. Your work has also given me ideas for future technological experiments of video/audio, so once again my thanks to you.. Glad you liked the post. Gershwin happens to be one of my favourite composers.

Cheers,

Colin.
Colin Leaney
theleans
Active Poster

Postby JohnT » 26 Jun 2022 14:37

Hi Colin. Enjoyed my listen again. Hugh the video was a treat to watch. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby theleans » 27 Jun 2022 07:04

Hi John,

Glad you enjoyed the movie. I thought that Hugh's work in producing it was brilliant. I have no idea how he does it, but I intend to learn. So, my Tyros 4 and my computer will now be kept busier than ever. Once again thanks for listening and watching. Cheers,

Colin.
Colin Leaney
theleans
Active Poster

Postby theleans » 29 Jun 2022 16:20

Hi Hugh,

Thought you might like to know, that your YouTube 'masterpiece' has currently had 124 views.

I'm not experienced in the ways of YouTube, so to me, this figure I suspect is very low. ! Nonetheless, I have sent the link to a couple of family members, and a couple of friends, and they all think it's wonderful. So, once again, my thanks to you. Cheers,

Colin (theleans)
Colin Leaney
theleans
Active Poster

Return to Music with Movies