Tea for Two

Record something on your keyboard, create a video to go with it .. and post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Tea for Two

Postby theleans » 16 Jul 2022 17:17

Tea For Two. My arrangement and orchestration of this old favourite. No written music, completely by ear. On my Tyros 4 only. No outside apps/programs or devices.

Video has been put together by Hugh.

Cheers, Colin
Colin Leaney
Keyboard: Tyros 4
theleans
Active Poster

Re: Tea for Two

Postby Hugh-AR » 16 Jul 2022 21:07

Colin,

Once again I have been completely smitten by how you have 'arranged' this piece to sound like an orchestral work. You said that you do this by using Song Creator .. so I shall have to look into this further so I can use your technique on my own Tyros 4. And again you have inspired me to put a video to your recording. This time I have tried to capture the 'mood' of the piece and add a visual dimension to what you are playing. Obviously 'tea' comes into it .. and 'two'. It is a romantic story, so I have done it as such. I have synced my video clips to where you change from 4/4 to 3/4 time .. and back again. There is a 'change of mood' in the music at these two points and I have done the video to emphasize this. Then from the lyrics I definitely had to bring in the 'girl for you, boy for me' .. although I didn't manage to get in a mention of the telephone.

Then the way you played your ending conjured up images of 'peace and contentment', and the video clip I found to go with it seemed perfect to complete this 'work of art'.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby theleans » 17 Jul 2022 11:01

Hello Hugh,

What can I say. ?? Super. You obviously must have put a lot of hard work into doing this, and I can assure you it's very much appreciated. Certainly not something I know how to do. And as you say, I can now supply family and friends with the necessary details, and hope that they survive the experience. ! Once again, sincere thanks,

Colin.
Colin Leaney
theleans
Active Poster

Postby JohnS » 18 Jul 2022 15:21

Very, very nice Colin, and an enjoyable 5:43 minutes spent within your expertise.

Thank you for that.
John.

Tyros 4 & Tyros 5/76 keyboards.
JohnS
Active Poster

Postby theleans » 18 Jul 2022 17:43

Hi John,

Very kind of you to take the trouble to listen and respond. Especially in this really hot weather. I've just been into our kitchen and it's 34 C. Far too hot for me. Think I'll sit and play some Christmas songs. !!! - Once again my thanks , cheers,

Colin.
Colin Leaney
theleans
Active Poster

Postby JohnS » 19 Jul 2022 10:25

A friend of mine in Florida has just emailed me with a question.

What is it with you Brits? It's 34 degrees here, and it's normal.

I agree with him.
John.

Tyros 4 & Tyros 5/76 keyboards.
JohnS
Active Poster

Postby theleans » 19 Jul 2022 14:04

Hi John,

Your friend in Florida is absolutely right of course. By comparison to the rest of the globe, this country is not renowned for extreme weather !! We are, generally speaking, very fortunate weather-wise. So, we complain when it does come along. And that's something we are good at. !!

Colin.
Colin Leaney
theleans
Active Poster

Return to Music with Movies