This Is All I Ask

Record something on your keyboard, create a video to go with it .. and post in here.
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

This Is All I Ask

Postby theleans » 02 Aug 2022 17:54

The video for This Is All I Ask has been done by Hugh. I have played the music for it the way I always do. I first play the piece 'as is', recording it as a MIDI file. Then go into Song Creator and change voices to make it an 'orchestral' work .. and use the Mixing Console to get the balances between the instruments as I want to hear them. I then multitrack little phrases into the mix.

Cheers, ColinL
Colin Leaney
Keyboard: Tyros 4
theleans
Active Poster

Re: This Is All I Ask

Postby Hugh-AR » 02 Aug 2022 18:08

I don't know the song. but have looked the words up on Google and have done the video to reflect what the words say.

"As I approach the prime of my life (the young men with their surf boards); beautiful girls; lingering sunsets; children everywhere; take me to that strange enchanted land that grown-ups seldom understand; wandering rainbows; stars in the sky; and let the music play as long as there is a song to sing."

The way Colin creates his music is a real treat to listen to. Nobody else as far as I know has 'deconstructed' a piece of music the way Colin has. We are hoping to get more information as to how to do this up in the Forum, starting with how to record to MIDI in the first place. Den has put up a topic on doing this here:

Do a right-click to open this up in a New Tab.
http://www.tierce-de-picardie.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=484&t=11123

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to Music with Movies