How To Load a Registration Which includes ACMP

How To Load a Registration Which includes ACMP

Postby barwonfan » 16 Sep 2022 06:56

I've tried , but it seems impossible to put a style which has ACMP lit up into Registration 1, and then put the same Style into Registration 2 with ACMP not playing.

I realize that I could reach across and switch the ACMP button off, but I don't use a foot pedal and taking my hands off what I am playing presents problems for me. Thanks, J.T.
Keyboard: PSR-S970; PSR-SX900
Image A Musician's work is never done. It is the musician's joy and curse.
I love listening to members performances on this forum and I ALWAYS turn off the speakers on my lap top and plug in my headphones.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Re: How To Load a Registration Which includes ACMP

Postby Hugh-AR » 16 Sep 2022 10:48

JT,

When you want to SAVE a setup you have done to a REGISTRATION MEMORY you first have to press the MEMORY button.
On my Tyros 4 it is here:

You then press the REGISTRATION MEMORY you want to SAVE it to (ie. 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.).

But before you do that, check the box that comes up when you press that MEMORY button, as the keyboard will only SAVE what you tell it to SAVE (ie. it will only SAVE the items that are 'ticked').

The one that must be ticked to SAVE the ACMP button (or not) is the STYLE one. To do this you highlight the one you want by moving the highlighted bar UP or DOWN, and then pressing the appropriate ON/OFF button on the right (top for ON, and bottom for OFF).

The advice from Tyros Tipsters is to make sure all those boxes are ticked .. and that is what I have done (as above). So your keyboard will then just save everything every time. I can't see why you need to choose what you want to SAVE every time you do it, so just set it up for the lot.

JT .. On your PSR-SX900 you just touch those boxes in order to turn them ON or OFF.
The screen you will see is below. Note that in this screen the Multi Pad is not ticked. Therefore, if you tried to SAVE a MULTI PAD to your REGISTRATION Setup, it would not do it. That is why I say tick ALL the boxes and then you don't have to worry about whether something will be SAVED or not. (But equally, Den says that the SX900 hasn't got unlimited USER MEMORY, so maybe don't fill it up with things you don't want.)

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby dentyr » 16 Sep 2022 18:17

JT,

The SX screen shot showing above is from my PSR-SX700 .. but it should be the same as your SX900.

Den
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Postby barwonfan » 17 Sep 2022 00:33

Thanks, Hugh. Your very detailed reply to my question worked . I am very happy now. I have also learnt a bit more about another of the myriad features of my Yamaha PSR . J.T.

PS. This Forum is a marvellous resource for beginners like me. It means that, instead of muddling along on my own I can tap in to the discoveries and insights of those who have "been there and done that".J.T.
I love listening to members performances on this forum and I ALWAYS turn off the speakers on my lap top and plug in my headphones.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Postby barwonfan » 17 Sep 2022 00:40

dentyr wrote:JT,

The SX screen shot showing above is from my PSR-SX700 .. but it should be the same as your SX900.

Den

Thanks, Dennis. Worked well. I am very happy now and I appreciate how much time you and Hugh and some other members devote to helping beginners like me. J.T.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Return to How to do things with Keyboards