How to set the keyboard up with NO Split Point

Postby dentyr » 21 Nov 2023 11:09

When you turn on Tyros the default is for the whole kbd to be piano. Turn on Tyros, press the functions button and go to Split Point Settings. Tab to the split point and you will see the whole kbd is piano (play the lowest key and you will hear that it is piano). Register this to button 8 on the registrations and you have a piano (heaven forbid :roll: :wink: ) Press any of the registration buttons except button 8 and you have your style to play. Press button 8 and you have your full piano. You may have to experiment a bit as you may not remember the songs that you registered with a full piano but I only use buttons 1 to 4 so having button 8 as a piano seems OK.

Continuing on from that, set up a registration after you have set the split point to zero, put on the freeze and that will freeze the whole keyboard. I tried it with a flute on R1 and I have %100 flute across the whole kbd. It will play all 3 voices across the keyboard but it is generally a mess.

The down side of this is that you have to register the kbd as soon as you turn it on. It will not go to zero if you have already made a registration.

I made a registration from the start called SP2Zero. (Split Point to Zero). Registered button 8 to full kbd. Attached is SP2Zero with button 8 as full kbd. Put the freeze on and all the other buttons will play full kbd. (I hope :roll: :?: )

Play with it and have fun. :D 8)

Den
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Re: How to set the keyboard up with NO Split Point

Postby barwonfan » 21 Nov 2023 22:32

That is wonderful information. I have owned and daily played various Yamaha Key boards for about 10 years, and didn't know any of that, despite having read widely , daily , on two or three Forums-- and being adventurous.
Keyboard: PSR-S970; PSR-SX900
Image A Musician's work is never done. It is the musician's joy and curse.
I love listening to members performances on this forum and I ALWAYS turn off the speakers on my lap top and plug in my headphones.
barwonfan
Super Poster

Re: How to set the keyboard up with NO Split Point

Postby Hugh-AR » 24 Nov 2023 01:06

Following on from what Den has said ...

Yes, when you turn your keyboard ON, the 'default' is for your whole keyboard to be set up as PIANO ... ie. piano from top note to bottom note.

A few things to notice.

1. Only R1 (RIGHT 1) is set up.

2. The VOICE chosen is PIANO.

3. The ACMP (Accompaniment) button is OFF (ie. it is not lit up).

As soon as you press a REGISTRATION MEMORY button which has something in it that you were playing before, the ACMP light comes ON and the SPLIT POINT is activated.

And you no longer have your VOICES playing from the top note to the bottom note.

Den says:
The Split Point will not go to zero if you have already made a registration.

But look what happens if you:

1. Turn the ACMP button back to OFF

.. and

2. If you have it ON, turn the LEFT VOICE to OFF ie. press the LEFT button in the PART ON/OFF section so it is no longer lit up (Den told me about this one).

No Split Point! So you get R1 and R2 playing from top to bottom of the keyboard.

If you introduce an R3, once again, the keyboard is split .. so you don't get all the voices chosen running from top to bottom.

But ...

If you roll the DATA ENTRY wheel all the way to the left for R3 ...

... then R3 joins R1 and R2 and you have all three voices running from top to bottom of your keyboard.

Not that I would want all three Voices to be sounding at the same time. I shall be using this just for R1 .. when I want the voice to run from top to bottom of the keyboard.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to How to do things with Keyboards