Greatest star show ever - this Challenge is NOT 'closing'.

Greatest star show ever - this Challenge is NOT 'closing'.

Postby dentyr » 30 Jan 2022 23:11

The Greatest Show Ever

The galaxies are colliding!
This will be the biggest star show ever.
Book now for your favourite position to view the show.
The galaxies, Andromeda and Milky Way are on a collision course.
They are racing towards each other at a speed of 55,000 miles per hour.
(This is just a bit slower than my wife driving our Holden Commodore.)
Andromeda, being the bigger of the two is the favorite but Milky Way has the Spiral Arm technology.

There will be three locations for viewing this astronomical event.
The Vincent stadiumStarry Starry Nights.
The Como seatingDon’t Let the Stars Get In Your Eyes.
And
Mama’s SpecialStars Shining Bright above Me.

Music will be recordings of:
Will Starr
Kay Starr

And others.

Dress is optional.
Unfortunately my oldest daughter will not be present as she is still undecided what she should wear. She said “I got no diamonds, Got no pearls.”
So I told her “You are just a lucky girl; You got the Sun in the morning and the Moon at night.”

Believe me, this show will be out of this world.

Take-away meals will be available from Starbuk Constellation.
The specials are: Crab sticks from the Nebular Bar
Horse Head Cocktails from the Galaxy bar (Non alcoholic)

To book for this fantastic star studded show just click on the LINK below to take you to the part of the galaxy where your entry should go.

http://www.tierce-de-picardie.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=491

1. Click on NEWTOPIC.
2. Put the name of your song in the Subject line.
3. Post a song of YOUR playing, which can be anything (ie. no restrictions on the subject matter, or if you have posted it before).

Keep this song as it is your entry ticket to the event.

Please pass this invitation on to as many members as you can. The more people that enter, the more tickets will be sold.
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Re: Greatest star show ever.

Postby dentyr » 30 Jan 2022 23:13

If you have read this far and are a little confused .... ??? :roll: :roll:

Read on and we hope everything will become clear to you.

1. We have over 100 Members in our Forum. Usually, when we set a Challenge, only a very few enter .. and these are the same people every time. This is why we came up with the "three entries" idea. To make sure there were enough entries to make it worth while voting.

2. When we set a Challenge it is not always easy to think of songs that fit the criteria. In this Challenge, to start off the New Year we are saying that you can post ANY song you like. So long as YOU are playing it, then YOU are the star. That should leave the choice wide open, and we are hoping that as many Members as possible will find something they can post.

3. Never recorded anything before? Do you get in a tizzy when you press that RECORD button .. and everything goes to pieces? Stay calm! Give it a go! And even if you manage to record something, you still have to put it somewhere for it to be LINKED to so everyone can listen to it. The usual place we put music is on a website (a storage 'cloud') called Box (http://www.box.com). If this is a step too far for you then contact Hugh on hugh@ar-group.org .. or ring him on 07791 765147. If you can get your song to Hugh by email attachment he will put your song into his Box account so it can be LINKED to.

4. Maybe you are a whizz at recording songs but just don't want to get involved with the Challenges. Please, please .. do a 'one off' entry for us this time. We won't pester you to do it again.

5. There will not be any voting for 'the three you liked best' at the end of this Challenge. The 'challenge' is to get as many Members as possible to enter one song for other Members to listen to. Your song does not have to be a new one .. you can post a song you have recorded previously. This includes songs you have posted in other Challenges.

Den & Hugh
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Re: Greatest star show ever - this Challenge is NOT 'closing

Postby Hugh-AR » 02 Feb 2022 22:31

As this challenge is not being Voted on, there is no reason why this challenge should 'close'. The objective was to get as many Members as possible to post a song into this Challenge so you can still do that. There is no time limit!

So please, please, if you haven't posted a song yet, do it now .. and make us happy!

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Return to CHALLENGE - JANUARY 2022